Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EXCITED to own my CPAP machine !!
EXCITED to own my CPAP machine !!
I have been on CPAP for about 12 months now and finally made the plunge to purchase my own machine! I have an Elite Resmed with 2 full face masks - quatro FX and the mirage! I have used the Mirage last night for the first time and really like it, wasn't sure at first but it does have less leak issues from what I can tell. They suggested that I alternate between the masks - one night each. I have never used a heated hose which will be awesome for winter coming up here in Tassie!

Had to share with someone else who understands my excitement Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EXCITED to own my CPAP machine !!
Welcome

It's great to hear from someone with such a positive attitude!

If you need any help, just ask.

Offering advice to others is great too.

Welcome aboard!

Post Reply Post Reply
for sure folk here do understand your excitements Congrats
let me share a secret when time comes to replace mask. cushions, hoses, water tank, etc.. don,t pay the rip-off prices charged in Australia
(not covered by your insurance) much cheaper from Supplier #10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

I love my ClimateLine (heated hose), best thing since sliced bread
set on auto protects against rainout
ClimateLine user instructions, explain in details the auto and manual modes setup http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Freakin' awesome!
I used the climateline hose last night. (Winter here above the equator)
It really does work!
...now if I can just keep the cat from gnawing on it while I'm asleep. That does wake me up!

Good luck!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Ulrika, thanks for posting. I was excited when I got my new machine in January. It's time to replace the cushion and check the filter already.
It's great to see someone with such a positive attitude about treatment. We're preserving our health with these expensive, but reasonable, considerating what they do, machines. It's a good idea to rotate the masks, like shoes they will last longer. I believe on replacing equipment on this schedule- cushions and filters every month (except for reuseable filters) mask and tubing every three months,; headgear, chinstrap, headgear and humidifier every six months- headgear stretches out, humidifier chambers get tiny pits, cracked or cloudy One thing that surprised me was the humidifier chamber. I thought I was stuck with mine for the life of the machine or had to buy the chamber our of pocket. Since we inhale microscopic water mist from the humidifier I'm glad to change it every six months. You know since you've been on CPAP for a while how important it is to have a spare mask and tubing for unforseen events. Since I have insurance it's easy to keep this schedule, if I paid out of pocket I'd stretch things out a bit. I'd watch for sales on my equipment and buy then.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ulrika,
Good to hear from you again and it's GREAT that you now own your machine.
Keep up the positive attitude and don't stay away so long.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
he he... thanks for all the comments... and yes I have been quiet for some time, but CPAP has been going really well! It is still great to read the threads and see how others are going as well and you do learn stuff all the time!!

I do have a friend who may be starting her journey soon, so I have told her about this group so there might be another Aussie heading over this way soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 05:03 AM)Ulrika Wrote: I do have a friend who may be starting her journey soon, so I have told her about this group so there might be another Aussie heading over this way soon!

That's good. Zonk needs more folks here who can understand his Australian accent. Bigwink Too-funny

But seriously, congrats on the new machine Ulrika! Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The more the merrier Welcome
just got to watch what you saying, it can be misunderstood as it happen in this story
Fair dinkum! Aussie lingo sparks security scare
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/fair-d...94123.html

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 313 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 204 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,750 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 370 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,294 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.