Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ear Infection - okay to xPAP?
Ear Infection - okay to xPAP?
I've developed an ear infection. Yowch, my ear hurts so bad. 

Will xPAP aggravate it?  Will it exacerbate the pain?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ear Infection - okay to xPAP?
Mask up and find out. Pain with an ear infection will vary depending on whether you can equalized pressure in the middle ear, or the location of the infection and your tolerance for pain. It won't make it worse, meaning spreading or increasing infection.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did. I slept with it for about 5 hours. But then I woke up (coughing... I have maybe pneumonia - will see the dr when they open), and tried to go back to sleep, but my ear hurt too much. So I'm awake. I don't really want to sleep without the xPAP, for obvious (apnea/health reasons) but also because my throat is also trying to close due to this illness and the xPAP is being greatly helpful in keeping it open.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you start antibiotics you'll start feeling much better in about 24 hours. Sounds like you have a bad cold on top of the ear infection. Decongestants and pain relief are good interim measures. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've xPAP'd throughout a lengthy severe ear infection. Didn't seem to affect it at all. Hope it works for you!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
ll depends how it affects you, try it and see. I had one and I was fine, but someone else I know had a lot of pain when using cpcp.
Only way is to try it i'm afraid.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 351 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Humidity and Sinus Infection Columbiabill 2 591 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  CPAP Usage w/ SInus Infection sm315 3 727 08-10-2022, 05:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 458 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question [Pressure] New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR AeroM 41 3,722 02-21-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: AeroM
  Are Machines that use the Humidx system more likely to give you an infection? schaer 5 1,273 07-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Last Post: S. Manz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.