Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hooray, I changed to FFM, New Era!
Hooray, I changed to FFM, New Era!
Hi Guys,

After suffering a lot from high leakage, probably due to mouth breathing,  I borrowed a DreamWear FFM for evaluation. What a difference!!!

Firstly, I was able to breath comfortably from both my nose and mouth during nigh. This made my quality of sleep much better. Secondly, have a look at the two attached reports (“before” and “After”) which speak for themselves.

One thing I cannot understand-Centrals and Obstructives “changed positions” as follows:

17 Feb, FFM mask: AHI=4, oAHI=1 (only hypopneas), cAHI=3.

16 Feb, Nasal mask: AHI=10, oAHI=10, cAHI=0

I suspect, and not for the first time,  that the PRISMA machine does not really know how to classify the events. Any different explanation?

I will post a full report on the mask and treatment after a week or two.

Note: there is a thread  named “Significant AHI results with different masks”, dated 29 Jan, by ttsleeper that presents a different case altogether.  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hooray, I changed to FFM, New Era!
The CA events appear to be at the same time as obstructive events. I suspect they are either sleep disruption or obstructive events improperly classified. It happens. If your pressure is 4-12 (your charts are very hard to interpret), then I recommend increasing minimum pressure to approximately your current median pressure. This should smooth things out and reduce both types of events. The FFM chart looks a lot better, and it's nice to see the leaks finally resolve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. Note that while max. pressure is set to 12, the max. actual pressure, with the new mask was less than 8.
Another issue I would like to ask about is the following: It looks like the machine will increase pressure following Obstructive events but will not following Central events. This behavior is consistent. Any idea?

Thanks,
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is designed to increase on obstruction, including snores and flow limits, and not to increase for CA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 327 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 337 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 393 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 450 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.