Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ear Pressure Problems
Ear Pressure Problems
Hi All,

I've been paping well for about 2 months, on a resmed airsense 10 elite, pressure of 10.4, but suddenly i'm having a new problem.

All goes well until I swallow (just a normal swallow of excess saliva while waiting to sleep) - when I do this it "pops" my ears - and creates a pressured feeling on the inner ear like in an aeroplane. This wasn't happening previously but has happened past 3 nights - it's very unpleasant - sort of painful - and makes it very hard to sleep.

I tried increasing the humidity incase it is to do with blocked sinus somewhere but it's already on 5 and any more seems to put water in my tube.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out with a solution to this. I was doing well at adjusting (100% compliance so far) but this is becoming a real roadblock for me. But I know I have to find a way. It's so hard to sleep with that much pressure in my ear.

Thanks in advance
Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ear Pressure Problems
Try doing a Valsalva maneuver just before you mask up. It may help.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ear Pressure Problems
Hi monkeychow,
Are you using EPR? this might make it a bit easier if you are having trouble breathing against the pressure; try setting it to 2.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 58 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,171 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,950 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,923 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,650 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.