Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Canada CPAP rules - don't plug in
RE: Air Canada CPAP rules - don't plug in
I will no longer fly Emirates long haul because of their CPAP policy which is the same as Air Canada's.

I've just had two months in the UK and flew Qantas business class PER/LHR nonstop. For both flights I advised Qantas in advance about my CPAP use. For them it's all about the specific machine and it's power requirements which my Resmed V Auto easily meets. The FAA certification which you can find on the back or the bottom of your machine is the magic thing here. The thing that will push the power requirements up is the use of a humidifer which is not recommended on flights for obvious reasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is fairly standard on all air lines... its not unusual. Pick up a TSA compliant battery for flights.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2019, 05:28 PM)ronjoh Wrote: I wasn't aware of this. We are leaving soon on a long overnight flight (11 hour) to Asia. I have been on cpap for about 30+ years now and have managed (without sleep) on the 8 hour flights to Europe quite a few times. This time, we will be taking two connecting flights before the 11 hour flight so it will be a long day plus missing a night.
How do others deal with this? Is it possible to rent a small cpap with battery pack?
Thanks

Yes the Z2 has a handy battery they manufacture that pairs up with it quite nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
i wonder if you could rent one of the travel Cpap? I noticed on resmed.com they had one that was supposedly made for airline travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Canada, EH?
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [Admin Note] Rules clarification/addition SuperSleeper 1 471 01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Rules addition - minimum age of members SuperSleeper 8 1,904 09-16-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Bleep Eclipse Canada? Dolfan 1 836 09-16-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: barney999
  Shipping Fees Recall Canada joblolabinette 6 803 06-22-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OK to plug machine into a UPS? SluggerBaloney 12 7,530 06-18-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: sovkiller
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,741 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.