Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Early Morning Train Wreck
RE: Early Morning Train Wreck
The FFM may be a less important priority than you think. I have some chronic congestion that clears up with the use of nasal pillows, and I don't own a FFM. For the past 10 years through allergies, colds, Lymes and whatever life has thrown at me, I have never needed a FFM.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From everything I read on the Board, I should really try the AirFit P10 nasal pillows. I do use a "nostril dilator" sort of plug occasionally, so I certainly don't mind the idea of using something in my nostrils.

Re: recent numbers, I forgot to put my SD card back in the machine the past couple of nights, so only have summary data. One mystery is the difference between the machine's own sleep report (and via MyAir), and Sleepyheads'. They count AHI differently, it seems. 

Sun: 1.14 SH, 4.6 MyAir (FFM, EPR 2)
Mon:  .09 SH, .50 MyAir (Nasal, EPR 2)
Tues: .35 SH, 1.7 MyAir (Nasal, EPR 1, but some leak issues)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does not work correctly when there is only summary data its calculations are flawed. The MyAir will be correct, if you want to see some more info Resscan can be obtained from here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES be aware that if you use version 6.0 it now prompts for a login on starting that will be your windows login to your machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to ask the obvious, but... Is the cushion a large enough cushion for your needs?

When I use too small of a cushion, it causes me to feel my nose is clogged up or blocked. And if/when I shift positions in the night, it can slide the cushion a bit so the venting holes are no longer lining up optimally with my nostrils, thus causing that feeling of blockedness.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 09:33 AM)gregger Wrote: From everything I read on the Board, I should really try the AirFit P10 nasal pillows.

I try to avoid jumping on bandwagons, and tend to dismiss hype. But the P10s are neither bandwagon nor hype - they are really worth a try!!

Even if I'm super sick, congested, and 100% blocked in my nasal/sinus passages... the P10 can bust through it and get me breathing clearly!  Sometimes it takes 5+ minutes, and I have to do some mouth breathing (due to my nose being truly blocker), but I've been shocked at how it takes such few minutes to really break through all that and get the air flowing. 

It's worth a try!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 12:17 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I hate to ask the obvious, but... Is the cushion a large enough cushion for your needs?

It's a fair question! To which the answer is, yes, I have carefully checked the alignment of the cushion opening and my nostrils. I use size Medium and when it works, it works great!! But when it doesn't work it's because one nostril (often the left, but not always) is completely blocked even before putting the cushion on and after futile attempts to clear it. The only thing that clears it--and I mean immediately--is Afrin spray. But it of course has been vilified as the "Crack" of all nasal decongestants. (I "treat myself" to an Afrin spray a couple of times a week so that I can use the nasal cushion that evening with assurance of no interruption. Meanwhile, a combination of daily oral Allerest + Flonsase spray, later replaced by Nasonex spray, have done little to help, but I acknowledge: We have been in a very high allergy season.)

I also have both size Medium and Large in the Dreamwear FFM; the Medium fits better in that style, as well. The Large tends to leak a lot. The Medium leaks less if and only if I pull the straps fairly snug. No leaks, lower AHI, but marks across my face all morning! At least there's this: MyAir says last night with the FFM I got down to .3 AHI. That's with a number of adjustments over time: Bumping my pressure range up to 14 max, using a collar, turning EPR down to 1 and turning ramp off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 12:20 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:33 AM)gregger Wrote: From everything I read on the Board, I should really try the AirFit P10 nasal pillows.

I try to avoid jumping on bandwagons, and tend to dismiss hype. But the P10s are neither bandwagon nor hype - they are really worth a try!!

I appreciate the endorsement from both you and Sleeprider (among others). I don't know how many different masks I can get from my DME under insurance coverage; got 2 in my first month of therapy. 

I was kind of "saving" my next mask acquisition for an alternative FFM (likely Amara View, which I did try for a minute during fitting and liked, but not quite as much as the Dreamwear FFM). 

However, based on the gushing (not leaking!) endorsement from both you and Sleeprider, I am thinking, it's got to be the P10 first!! Even if I have to pay for it out of pocket. (My start-up expenses are creeping up all the time...chin strap, collar, several kinds of decongestants...but, what price good sleep?  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't want to use up an insurance claim on a P10, remember the complete mask with 3 sizes of nasal pillow is $67 to $70, often with free shipping online. It is one of the most affordable masks to buy on your own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider. I bought my P10 on Amazon, because my insurance wasn't ready to ship another mask.

I'd started with the Dreamwear, and tried the Amara View. But the P10 is like the sweet spot of masks - minimalistic, comfortable, easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all,

Quick question: How do you think the AirFit P10 nasal pillows compare to the Dreamwear Gel Pillows? (The latter fit the frame and headgear I already own...)

Just wondering. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 250 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 145 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 201 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 242 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 2,106 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 420 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 7,063 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.