Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Early Morning Train Wreck
RE: Early Morning Train Wreck
I've not tried the Dreamwear Pillows. BUT the primary reason I prefer P10 over Dreamwear (I only have the oldest kind of Dreamwear) is because the P10 doesn't make the air whooshing sound down the tubes down my face.

So if you don't mind the air sound of the Dreamwear, and you've figured out how to keep the headgear on your head, then it's for sure worth it to try the pillows.

Then again, if the above is true, I don't see a point in moving to pillows, as I'd prefer the original Dreamwear since it rests at my nose instead of going in my nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6395][attachment=6394]The big selling point of the P10 seems to be that the more positive connection at the nostrils allows the air pressure to plow through (see prior comments) the nasal congestion, which is the whole reason for me to consider it. 

Here are my latest charts with the Dreamwear nasal cushion. Would be great if I could use it all the time!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gregger, your chart looks great. I think in future charts lower priority for mask pressure, and higher priority for flow limits and snores. We might see what is pushing the pressure increases.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, 

Thanks for the suggestion on the charts. I'm reposting those two in revised form, as well as this morning's. As always your input and that of others is greatly appreciated.

[attachment=6412][attachment=6413][attachment=6414]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like flow limitation is driving the pressure upwards why or how to treat someone else will need to comment the numbers them selves look great it may be more comfortable to limit the upper pressure if it disturbs you
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks jw.

Sleeprider noted in a pm, 

"Charts and results look great. As you can see, the pressure is responding directly to flow limitations. I think that some of those are preventing apnea and in other cases, the increases are a bit of an over-reaction. As long as you are comfortable and your results are this good, just stay the course. This is the advantage of Resmed, but in some cases we rein it in. Looks fine here."

I am perfectly comfortable and will leave well enough alone!

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding nasal congestion, I find that:

1.  Lowering the humidity level can help with nasal congestion.  I'm not sure why, but I suspect that cooler air reduces the inflammation in my nasal passages.  I realize that this is contrary to what most people say, but it works for me.
2.  Dusting my nightstand and vacuuming my floor can help with nasal congestion.  I have dust mite allergies, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2018, 11:49 PM)Rezni Wrote: 1.  Lowering the humidity level can help with nasal congestion.  I'm not sure why, but I suspect that cooler air reduces the inflammation in my nasal passages.  I realize that this is contrary to what most people say, but it works for me.
2.  Dusting my nightstand and vacuuming my floor can help with nasal congestion.  I have dust mite allergies, though.

Thanks for the tips. Most of the time, my problem is that I'm too stuffed up in the evening before turning on the machine to be able to use the nasal cushion. Only a couple of times have I started with the nasal cushion and then had to switch to the FFM later in the night because congestion had worsened. 

I just ordered the Dreamwear Gel Pillows as an alternative and will see if they do better with the congestion. Sleeprider, per your reply re: insurance, turns out my next interval to get a new mask through insurance is 31 days away and at that time I'm thinking of trying the Airfit P10. I'll have a month to try the Dreamwear Pillows before then. I ordered size M since that's the size I use in both their Nasal Cushion and FFM, so crossing my fingers on fit.

Re: dust: Hopefully the Resmed standard air filters are helping, although I notice they also offer a "hypoallergenic version" which might offer capture of slightly finer particles.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2018, 03:47 PM)gregger Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 11:49 PM)Rezni Wrote: 1.  Lowering the humidity level can help with nasal congestion.  I'm not sure why, but I suspect that cooler air reduces the inflammation in my nasal passages.  I realize that this is contrary to what most people say, but it works for me.

Thanks for the tips. Most of the time, my problem is that I'm too stuffed up in the evening before turning on the machine to be able to use the nasal cushion. Only a couple of times have I started with the nasal cushion and then had to switch to the FFM later in the night because congestion had worsened. 

I just ordered the Dreamwear Gel Cushions as an alternative and will see if they do better with the congestion. My next interval to get a new mask through insurance is 31 days away and at that time I'm thinking of trying the Airfit P10 that some have said really helps push through restricted nasal passages.

I hear you re: dust. Hopefully the Resmed standard air filters are helping, although I notice they also offer a "hypoallergenic version" which might offer capture of slightly finer particles.

I have the same problem.  I get in bed and watch TV for a bit, and my nasal passages swell up while I'm laying there.  If I dust the nightstand and vacuum the floors, then that doesn't happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2018, 03:56 PM)Reznik Wrote: I have the same problem.  I get in bed and watch TV for a bit, and my nasal passages swell up while I'm laying there.  If I dust the nightstand and vacuum the floors, then that doesn't happen.

I almost hate to see an ENT and get into the whole allergy investigation...between getting to a sleep apnea diagnosis (almost a year and lots of time/money spent ruling out other potential reasons for memory loss) and treating it, plus a 10+ year journey figuring out an arthritis issue, I'm just not in the mood for that can of worms, which I've witnessed in my younger son and wife. 

I have long had a certain reaction to seasonal allergies, esp. spring-time pollen. Just started CPAP in early April, at exactly the time spring allergens literally started raining down on my house. Other times of the year I think I'm okay, but before CPAP, I never really had to think about how often I was breathing through my mouth because my nose was congested. 

I have also read that some nasal congestion is simply idiopathic and caused by things other than allergies. Oh joy, more variables!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 118 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 196 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,982 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 386 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,965 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Early awakenings - CPAP Help Sonatine600 0 347 11-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Sonatine600
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 505 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.