Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Early Morning change in AHI
Good morning.

I personally am not bothered by the larger font size. I would rather deal with that than something really inappropriate like asking about different drugs that are not for OSA treatment as has happened before or fighting or slamming other forum members, etc., and it was easier to read than the smaller print.

More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.

That being said, I will think about the question and see if I can think of anything to suggest other than what has already been suggested.

Have a great weekend all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 09:02 AM)me50 Wrote: More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.
Not about violation or a concern, I tend not to read them and cannot be helpful if don,t read them

... but does not seem to be such a concern for others who has been helpful in answering OP concern

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

I generally assess my own AHI when necessary since the machine doesn't know when I was awake. It's pretty easy to do if you know how long you actually slept. That's the challenge but it's not much of a challenge to just dump the first and last hour's events. That will give you results close enough for government work. The rest is simple math to get events/(hours - 2). I mostly do that when I can see that the machine's processor has it all wrong.

BTW, I have very poor sleep efficiency and usually take 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep. During that time I often get several centrals and even an obstructive occasionally. Some of them are caused by me swallowing, clearing my throat and just general grunting, etc. YMMV in that respect so deduct as fits your sleep efficiency.

A secondary benefit of that method is I never look at the readout during the night since I don't respect it until I see the graph. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 05:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 09:02 AM)me50 Wrote: More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.
Not about violation or a concern, I tend not to read them and cannot be helpful if don,t read them

... but does not seem to be such a concern for others who has been helpful in answering OP concern

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

I may be slow today but I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say
Post Reply Post Reply
I enjoy how people say to focus on helping the OP, but continue to discuss the one sentence another user wrote instead, even though it is completely irrelevant to helping the OP. Pot, meet kettle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Well shoot Paralel, we gotta have something to talk about!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change p10 to n20 mask Rcgop 13 688 03-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: pdguest
  Sudden Unexplainable Change scottdooley 35 939 03-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  change in mask Haynbo 4 127 03-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  CPAP FILTER, CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE pavelow360 20 599 03-16-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: hobbs
  CHANGE IN WEIGHT yyanco1 13 337 03-14-2017, 01:17 AM
Last Post: yyanco1
  [Treatment] Can a Sleep Number bed change my treatment? doickle 18 633 02-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 13 818 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dogmuck