Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Early Morning change in AHI
RE: Early Morning change in AHI
Good morning.

I personally am not bothered by the larger font size. I would rather deal with that than something really inappropriate like asking about different drugs that are not for OSA treatment as has happened before or fighting or slamming other forum members, etc., and it was easier to read than the smaller print.

More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.

That being said, I will think about the question and see if I can think of anything to suggest other than what has already been suggested.

Have a great weekend all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 09:02 AM)me50 Wrote: More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.
Not about violation or a concern, I tend not to read them and cannot be helpful if don,t read them

... but does not seem to be such a concern for others who has been helpful in answering OP concern

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
I generally assess my own AHI when necessary since the machine doesn't know when I was awake. It's pretty easy to do if you know how long you actually slept. That's the challenge but it's not much of a challenge to just dump the first and last hour's events. That will give you results close enough for government work. The rest is simple math to get events/(hours - 2). I mostly do that when I can see that the machine's processor has it all wrong.

BTW, I have very poor sleep efficiency and usually take 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep. During that time I often get several centrals and even an obstructive occasionally. Some of them are caused by me swallowing, clearing my throat and just general grunting, etc. YMMV in that respect so deduct as fits your sleep efficiency.

A secondary benefit of that method is I never look at the readout during the night since I don't respect it until I see the graph. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 05:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 09:02 AM)me50 Wrote: More importantly, I think that we should focus on helping the OP and not focus on the font size, IMHO. If there is a violation or a concern from a poster, I am sure those that moderate the forum will discreetly discuss it with the poster.
Not about violation or a concern, I tend not to read them and cannot be helpful if don,t read them

... but does not seem to be such a concern for others who has been helpful in answering OP concern

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

I may be slow today but I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say
Post Reply Post Reply
I enjoy how people say to focus on helping the OP, but continue to discuss the one sentence another user wrote instead, even though it is completely irrelevant to helping the OP. Pot, meet kettle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well shoot Paralel, we gotta have something to talk about!
Post Reply Post Reply
Video 
I have the exact same problem.

Any solutions?

1100 -1 about 2 ahi

3-5 about 5 ahi

6-730 about 8-12 Ahi
Post Reply Post Reply
Resurrecting this thread to say that I have the same problem.

00:00 - 04:00 AHI .47
04:00 - 08:00 AHI 5.07

Makes me wonder if I should just go to bed at 8 pm and wake up at 4 am  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things probably contribute:

1. Sleep stage
2. Sleep position

In the first four hours of the night, it is expected to have two REM segments approximately 20 minutes each. After the first two sleep cycles where we have N3 deep sleep, the rest of the night is spent bouncing back and forth between N2 light sleep and REM stage in a less predictable pattern. REM is when the body's musculature is most relaxed and most likely to experience upper airway collapse, so many people experience more events during REM and therefore AHI will climb throughout the rest of the night.

Another thing is sleep position. For various reasons, it is common to have more events sleeping on one's back. I for one know that I sleep better on my side, but when using CPAP, especially FFM, would roll to my back at some point in the night and experience more events. Many members here have had success using a soft cervical collar to support the chin and align the neck to take some away some of the issues associated with back sleeping.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 224 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 253 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 374 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 145 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,962 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.