Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Machine Advice, Self Financing
RE: Need Machine Advice, Self Financing
Something cropped up the last couple nights that's more than a little annoying, but maybe someone has ideas on a fix?
The machine was so silent before, now there's this noise similar to a computer's fan....increases as I inhale, flattens as I exhale...coming from inside the machine. I'd thought about using some compressed air in case it's just something ticking a fan, but not sure that's a good idea nor do I know why any foreign material would have gotten in...not like I've run it without the intake filter in place.

Also still trying to settle/find a mask solution that doesn't result in seeing much of a leak issue when I look in Sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
If the sound of the fan (pneumatic block) has qualitatively changed it may be a warranty issue. Do not use compressed air or lubrication. Let your DME know about the problem. These machines tend to last a long time, but a small percentage become noisy, and have been replaced by the manufacturer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been remiss in not coming back to this forum. I got busy leading up to the holidays, then went on vacation....at least that's the story I'm going with!

But I wanted to publicly share how much I appreciate secondwindcpap's customer service.

I mentioned a noise in the machine I'd purchased from them. Soon after that post, on a Sunday night, I recorded my machine and emailed that recording to the company, asking if they could identify it and what I should do.

By 10am the next morning I got an email saying the noise was a blower fan motor and a machine had been shipped out to me along with a paid return shipping label to send back the one I had. Not only did I have a replacement machine in 2-3 days, it was a brand NEW machine even tho I'd purchased used (at least I didn't see hours on it, but my used one only had 200 hrs when I got it).

That's customer service well above what most companies provide these days. My new machine is working perfectly and I couldn't be happier.

I also appreciate those who suggested I get Sleepyhead. I don't always know all I'm looking at, but it's great to look over what a night's sleep looks like and educational as well.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear that SecondWindCPAP was on top of the replacement. It's not the first time, and we have seen replacements go out internationally with no questions asked. It seems you're really happy with the selection of the Airsense 10 Autoset and doing better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,844 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 809 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.