Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows
Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows
Full credit goes out to ksmustang for this idea. I was having problems using SleepMaster to access my new FlashAir SD card in Station mode. I wanted the card to have a static IP, so I would always know where it is on my network. After configuring that in my router, I entered the IP into SleepMaster's IP field & attempted to find the card, but it always tried searching from the .121 subnet instead of using the IP I told it to use. After a bit of Googling, I came upon ksmustang's idea to map the card to a share drive. Perfect!

If you're new at network drives, just follow these instructions for yourself to find the Map Network Drive option in Windows Explorer.

When it comes time to enter an address in the "Folder" field after you've chosen your drive letter, just type it out like this (no quotes): "\\192.168.1.1\" but be sure to use the IP address you statically assigned to your FlashAir in your router! Also make sure those backslashes are facing the right direction!

If you'd like the drive to be always available, check the box saying "Reconnect at sign-in", and if you'd like that process to kick off faster, open an administrative command prompt and type the following (no quotes): "sc config webclient start=auto" which simply auto-starts your WebClient service each time you login. Otherwise, the first time you try to access the drive each bootup, it will take a moment longer to kick off that process. Regardless, that last step is purely optional.

Now whenever I click the CPAP Importer button in SleepyHead, it automatically finds the mapped FlashAir card as if it's plugged directly into my machine. Bonus! If it ever gives you problems, just check out your Windows Explorer (WIN+E) and make sure it doesn't have a red X next to the new network drive you've mapped.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows
You can set a static IP on the flashair card too. In the CONFIG file in SD_WLAN.

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.0.16
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.0.1
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here!!! Hubby's APAP will be here in a few days, and I believe his machine takes MSD??? microSD?? Are these FlashAir cards available in this size??? I tried Google and came up with something different than what I was looking for.
THANKS!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

The FlashAir is only available in an SD footprint. They have not released a MicroSD but who knows what the future will hold.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2016, 08:21 PM)AlanE Wrote: You can set a static IP on the flashair card too. In the CONFIG file in SD_WLAN.

Good find =) Always good to have more options.

(06-24-2016, 06:23 AM)jbwife Wrote: Newbie here!!! Hubby's APAP will be here in a few days, and I believe his machine takes MSD??? microSD?? Are these FlashAir cards available in this size??? I tried Google and came up with something different than what I was looking for.
THANKS!!!

There are adapters to fit microSD cards into full sized SD adapters with wifi, but unfortunately I don't see any wifi cards in the actual microSD form factor. It all depends on the slot that's available on the machine itself. No need to rush or guess in your case-- just wait until the machine comes in and assess at that point, unless you already know the make/model. Worst case, you just pop the card each time you want to transfer.
Post Reply Post Reply
"No need to rush or guess in your case-- just wait until the machine comes in and assess at that point" (sorry, I need to learn how to use the quote feature)

You are right, we finally made a decision on a machine, it should be here Monday, then I will know for sure what is in the xpap. The model we ordered has Bluetooth, but I don't have Bluetooth on my laptop, so I may end up getting a Bluetooth USB adapter thingy??? That should work, right??? We have smartphones, but the only thing I know how to do on that thing is to swipe when hubby calls!!! *smile*
Post Reply Post Reply
Cute =)

My machine has bluetooth, but I disabled it since it has a cellular module that transmits my data to my provider, which shares the data with the Philips DreamMapper app I used to use. That's good for them, but at this point I could care less about that since I'm using SleepyHead to view the data directly from the machine.

Anyway, disabling bluetooth works for my situation, but I'm not sure what machine you're expecting to see. In any case, I haven't heard of bluetooth being a solution for transferring machine data into SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2016, 06:23 AM)jbwife Wrote: Newbie here!!! Hubby's APAP will be here in a few days, and I believe his machine takes MSD??? microSD?? Are these FlashAir cards available in this size??? I tried Google and came up with something different than what I was looking for.
THANKS!!!

Welcome
Thanks I love your picture. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Update: I've been using this method for about a week now, and it hasn't failed me once even though my FlashAirIII is two floors above me (townhome layout with computer in the basement).

However, I have noticed that the drive doesn't always seem to reconnect automatically when I login, or at least not in a timely manner. It might just be me being impatient, but sometimes I have to wait a minute and click on the FlashAir mapped drive a few times until eventually I see some files show up. At that point, I always know I can hit the import button in SleepyHead which sees the data instantaneously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,
Just confirming this also works fine in Windows 10, 32Gb Flashair V3 card.

My full config here (minus personal wifi details etC)
- I have a few things like timezone, WEBDAV full access, Upload etc
- other things like continuous retry, no wifi timeout etc - therefore always on

[WLANSD]

ID=MYFLASHCARD
DHCP_Enabled=YES
Proxy_Server_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=
Subnet_Mask=
Default_Gateway=
Preferred_DNS_Server=
Alternate_DNS_Server=
Proxy_Server_Enabled=YES
Proxy_Server_Name=yourproxy.com
Port_Number=8080

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAir
APPSSID=My_WIFI_SSID_Here
APPNETWORKKEY=My_WIFI_Password_Here
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.00
CID=MY_CID_#_HERE
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
MASTERCODE=MY_MASTERCODE_#_HERE
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
TIMEZONE=40
UPDIR=/DCIM
UPLOAD=1
WEBDAV=2
FORMATSETMODE=0
NOISE_CANCEL=2
STA_RETRY_CT=0
WLANAPMODE=0x03
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,391 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,238 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 748 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,930 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.