Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Easy Care and S9 memory
Easy Care and S9 memory
Today I got a printout using Easy Care online software from the RT I've been seeing. Easy Care is ResMed's newest version of ResScan. Unlike ResScan, Easy Care is an online (cloud) program that RTs access online. That is, they upload a patient's memory card into Easy Care to view the data from the card. My DME's RT says Easy Care just came out in January. In the printout he made for me, detailed waveform data was not included; he said this detailed portion is apparently not quite ready for release. Meanwhile, compliance and summary data is working. The summary portion is labelled "Therapy Report."
To tell you the truth, I don't see much difference when compared with ResScan, especially in the summary data presentation. The therapy report for just the past three nights shows a large bar graph for pressure, AHI, etc. for each of the three nights with written numbers along side the 3 bar graphs.
Machine memory capabilities: I just became aware of this and will share it, although I don't know if it's old news to board members.
I did not realize that the S9 Autoset (and most likely the other auto ResMed machines) is (are) loaded with enough internal memory to keep a full year's worth of data without the need for an SD card. Whenever a new or different SD card is inserted, the machine copies all the data from its internal memory onto that card. When I first reformatted my original SD card, I thought doing so would wipe out all past usage data, but it did not.
I also did not know what happens when 365 days of data has been collected. The RT explained that when that happens, the S9 erases only the oldest night's data to make room for saving the most recent night's new data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Easy Care and S9 memory
(02-28-2013, 08:43 PM)Dawei Wrote: Whenever a new or different SD card is inserted, the machine copies all the data from its internal memory onto that card.
If the card has not been inserted in the S9 during sleep, you would not get any detailed data if card inserted sometimes later
Detailed data written directly on the card
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Easy Care and S9 memory
Thanks for that clarification, zonk. That makes sense with my recent lack of detailed data showing up on ResScan while summary data and statistics were fine. I switched to a new SD card (as you had suggested, I believe) and so far so good for detailed data showing up again.
My machine is still within its 2 year warranty period. So, I'll continue to watch what shows up from my SD card. If the problem reappears, the RT is prepared to switch me to another autoset and send the current one back to ResMed.
My first SD card was the one supplied by ResMed with the autoset. The RT told me that there were a bunch of faulty ResMed-labelled SD cards awhile ago. Not sure that mine was one of them because it had been working fine until recently.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 Time is off - is there an easy fix? DaveHirschler 8 1,373 09-13-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: takeda
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 511 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 673 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
  How to mimic "easy breath" on S mode Resmed aircurve 10? koy23 1 808 09-17-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question New CPAP user. Apparently I take off my mask at night, no memory of this. liquilife 1 632 07-27-2022, 06:42 PM
Last Post: hh9797
  OSCAR software - 2 easy new user questions. JohnReam 2 594 07-22-2022, 11:07 AM
Last Post: JohnReam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.