Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Easy Newbie Question About SlimLine Tubing
Easy Newbie Question About SlimLine Tubing
Hi,
     I have a newbie question.   I remove the SlimLine tubing from my ResMed AirSense 10 machine every morning and hang the tubing over a hook to let it air out and then reconnect it back up to the machine every night before bed, but think this may be stretching out the rubber-like connector at the end of the tubing.  So,  I'm wondering, is the tubing supposed to be disconnected every day and reconnected, or only disconnected weekly with cleaning?  What do others do?  Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Easy Newbie Question About SlimLine Tubing
I never disconnect my tubing from the machine unless I’m ready to clean it, which is approximately once a month.  

Unless you have a rainout problem or see moisture in the tubing, there is really no reason to disconnect it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Rose. I have gone to monthly cleaning on the hose. If you have insurance you should be able to replace periodically, if need be.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you pupcamper.  
I guess I was wearing out the rubber connector. 
Glad to know this will be easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will get easier. If you have insurance coverage, take advantage of their replacement schedule and be sure to start accumulating an extra of everything, especially hoses. When you wash one and hang to dry, you can alternate with a new hose.

I just use the 1st of the month as an easy reminder to clean my hose, humidifier chamber, mask, and change the filters in my machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the encouragement and tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that even after hanging the slimline for three days, the little droplets don't dry out - and I live in ~0% humidity!!
Instead what I started to do is run the machine for some time on 'mask fit' in the morning. Blows all the water out.
Post Reply Post Reply
mltam,

Thank you; that sounds like a good idea.  I may give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DreamingOfSleeping,
I only disconnect my hose and reconnect it once a week for cleaning..
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 191 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 297 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.