Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Easy question about the Resmed AirTouch F20 for Her
Easy question about the Resmed AirTouch F20 for Her
Wife just started APAP a couple of weeks ago. First mask she bought (Amara View) was really comfortable and lightweight but a bit inconsistent on leaking from night to night, so she bought a Resmed AirFit F20 for Her in a small size to see if works better. Trying it tonight, but after looking at the sizing card that comes in the box, it's gonna be real close if she needs the small or the medium. 

My understanding is that the 'for her' headgear is one size.

If she needs the larger size (medium) for the mask...
is the frame the same size on all sizes, and we would just have to buy a medium cushion?
Or do we have to buy both a medium frame and a medium cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Easy question about the Resmed AirTouch F20 for Her
You can just buy a medium cushion it will fit in your existing frame
Post Reply Post Reply
Update...she's been using the Amara View for a few months and it's started leaking really bad on her for some reason. We've got some extra cushions so we'll start there and see if that helps.

Her backup mask, the Airtouch F20 for Her is lightweight and comfortable she says and really likes it and gets some great AHI numbers with it, but she's said it sorta squishes the top of her nose where she can't really breathe out of the top part of her nose. Anyone else run into this at all?

Or anyone know if the Airfit F10 or Quattro FX for Her is easier or wider on the top of the bridge of the nose? I've read somewhere the F10 is designed a little wider--is that true?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the mask is not too tight. They are designed to be worn loose. Just enough to stop leaks. As far as f1o my experience ie the f20 felt a little larger on the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP,

Resmed makes a model similar to the Amara View, called the Airfit F30. It might be worth looking into, since it sits below the nose, not on the bridge.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 675 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 234 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 467 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 412 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 537 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 513 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Airsense 11 Time is off - is there an easy fix? DaveHirschler 8 1,486 09-13-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: takeda

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.