Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eating and snacking before bed?
RE: Eating and snacking before bed?
(01-22-2020, 11:11 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm not seeing anything very bad about the chart data, then again, I'm not the chart and setting guru guys. Is there a complaint to address, like I feel...?

Dave, I just do not feel like I’m getting any rem sleep, My eyes feel tired and my energy doesn’t seem like it should be. I think the reason is because it’s not really sound sleep. If that makes any sense.

I’m working on my leaks hoping that’s it.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that helps put things in context. How's the sleep hygiene? And as for leaks, you've done the correct adjusting for that mask, the cushion is in good shape, the right size for you, etc.? How about hose management?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2020, 12:33 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK that helps put things in context. How's the sleep hygiene? And as for leaks, you've done the correct adjusting for that mask, the cushion is in good shape, the right size for you, etc.? How about hose management?

Dave, I think I’m good with my setup, thank goodness. I’m just curious if the chart gurus can spot anything in my charts that I don’t see. @Sleeprider, @bonjour
Post Reply Post Reply
OK good to hear. Gurus pop in randomly, but the rumor is the smell of excellent coffee can lure them to your thread. Oh um that was for me, sorry. Smile Best to successes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=19290 Wrote:SarcasticDave94 pid='330415' dateline='1579722615']OK good to hear. Gurus pop in randomly, but the rumor is the smell of excellent coffee can lure them to your thread. Oh um that was for me, sorry. Smile Best to successes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=19290 Wrote:SarcasticDave94 pid='330415' dateline='1579722615']OK good to hear. Gurus pop in randomly, but the rumor is the smell of excellent coffee can lure them to your thread. Oh um that was for me, sorry. Smile Best to successes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like you to try EPR=3  Let us know which you like better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2020, 03:10 PM)bonjour Wrote: I would like you to try EPR=3  Let us know which you like better.

Thanks bonjour, for the last 6 months I was on EPR 3. I just reduced it to 2 a week ago along with lowering my pressure from 8.6 to 7.6 and I have noticed improvement.  

I should know better doing 2 adjustments at once. But I did it anyway. 

I will keep pressure the same 7.6

I will bump EPR to 3 and report back with charts in 4 days.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

@Bonjour,  Attached are 3 days of charts with my EPR set to 3.   

Im still up in the air as to which EPR I like best. 

Thanks so much for your help. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Our circadian rhythm is governed by many things including light, temperature, and food. Eating in the evening is akin to looking at bright lights in the evening. For some people it can throw off your natural rhythm. I'm one of these. I used to try to stop eating around 8. Now I stop much earlier, like 5. The result is better sleep and weight loss.

Eating carbs and sweets at night tends to make us drowsy because of the insulin effect. However, like sleep drugs and alcohol, it also messes up our sleep architecture so that it is less restorative. Being really hungry at night can keep you up, but eating is also bad.

The last issue is GERD. Mine was improved by elevating my bed a few degrees but at the end of the day eating in the evenings is just not something I can do and be healthy. People are different so maybe not all this will be true for you, but I think this is good advice overall.

To be fair, a glass of milk is probably about as innocuous as late eating can get.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Night Eating kevinmiller 5 1,660 09-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Does triptophan from eating turkey reduce AHI? Sleeprider 7 1,965 11-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Neti Pot linked to "brain eating amoeba" SuperSleeper 23 18,883 02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.