Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to install
Unable to install
Hi, I'm new to the board, and was excited to learn about OSCAR.   But when I tried to install it on my iMac, was told that it wouldn't install.  Maybe my computer's too old?  Any suggestions?  I'm so frustrated.  I've been using my cpap since before the pandemic, and not feeling any increased energy or improvement.  I've never found a soul able to help me with all the glitches I've run into, and was really hopeful that OSCAR would shed some light.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unable to install
Hi! What is your OS version of the Mac?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask, did you verify all the requirements listed in the Installation Wiki - [HERE]?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Mac is OS 11.6
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you following the installation directions in the link I provided above? What are the exact problem(s) or warnings you receive during an installation?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I take it you mean El Capitan, which is 10.11.6. If you can upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra - depending on you model - you should be able to install OSCAR from the sleepfiles download site. The current requirement is for 10.12.x or newer.

If you have Apple's development packages, and the corresponding QT development installation, you probably can build OSCAR from the Sources on gitlab.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your quick reply!  Yes, I had already followed the instructions on wiki, and it said it couldn't support the program, and rejected it when I attempted to add it to my Applications.  I don't really understand computers, so will try to get someone to help me upload to the Sierra version, as it is El Capitan.  Thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 105 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,374 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 442 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 460 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.