Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Editing my profile in Oscar 1.2.0
Editing my profile in Oscar 1.2.0
After more than 5 years using Sleepyhead then Oscar in various iterations (presently Oscar 1.2.0) I realised that all my screengrabs that I have posted have my real name in the header (top of page). I tried to edit my profile in Oscar but after opening my profile and entering edit mode I was unable to modify my Oscar username to match my forum username. 
I worked around it by starting a new profile, only changing the username from the previous profile. It now displays my forum username in the header and appears to have all the data but I will have to change all the display properties such as chart order and axis limits etc. to my preferences. I would prefer just to be able to edit my Oscar profile username if that is possible. I have just examine the charts recently posted an noticed that many others have the name in the header different from their forum username. Some, like me, do not realise that the header contains their real name. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Editing my profile in Oscar 1.2.0
The only field that Oscar requires is a user-name. If you want to change that, it is possible to create a new profile with the user-name then either all future data will appear with that name, or you can even import your old data into the new user name. If you use the screenshot function (F12 or menu) to grab screenshots, the username is not included. I have always used my forum user name for my Oscar profile.

For all the old screenshots, you can delete attachments in your User CP. They will be permanently removed from the forum. If you think those images have no continuing value to you or the forum, you can certainly do that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my Username some time back due to the same issue. It's a bit finicky and prone to errors if you use inappropriate text editors so make sure you copy your entire OSCAR data folder before starting and backup individual files as indicated in the article below.

The wiki has details here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ofile_Name
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, without reading the Wiki I successfully did the following:
  1. Make a copy of your current Profile.
  2. Rename the copied profile with your desired name.
  3. Open the Profile.xml file in the renamed directory with an editor like WordPad.
  4. Search either for your old name, or search for, <UserName type="QString">.  
  5. Change the name in this listing to the new username.
  6. Save the file and exit the editor.

Your new profile should show up in the Profile section when you start OSCAR.

Edit:
I went back and read the Wiki. It seems that OSCAR reads the directories list in the Profile directory and modifies the "profiles.xml" file automatically.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just upgraded to from a Philips DS to the ResMed AirCurve 10. Nowhere do I see where the ventilator brand or model can be updated in the user profile, but then I see it somehow automatically updated the device info. Any advice appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since each brand reports certain parameters differently, it would be better to create a new profile for your new unit. OSCAR does its best to adjust for this, but it is better not to "poke the bear".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2021, 02:30 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: I just upgraded to from a Philips DS to the ResMed AirCurve 10. Nowhere do I see where the ventilator brand or model can be updated in the user profile, but then I see it somehow automatically updated the device info. Any advice appreciated.

If you use different machines in one profile, OSCAR 1.2.0 (and earlier) shows the name of the machine first imported into the profile. The next version of OSCAR will show the machine most recently imported into the profile.

As Crimson Nape said, we recommend make a new profile when you change machine brands. For example, with PRS and ResMed machines, the information on the Statistics page will be confusing if both machines are in the same profile.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 107 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,579 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,757 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 612 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 515 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 538 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.