Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11
Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11
I originally posted this is the main form, but in reading topics in this thread, I believe it should have been posted here.

Sorry for the two posts, I didn't know how to move my original post.

I currently am using a Dreamstation 1 (Since 2018) and expecting to get a ResMed Airsense 11 next week. I have several questions:

1. The wiki on supported machines says that Airsense 11 Autoset - Early support: Time zones and C/F conversion not yet implemented. What does this mean?

2. Is there anything I need to do in Oscar when I read the Airsense 11 sd card? (New profile for the Airsense 11 for example)

3. Will Oscar add the Airsense 11 data to the Dreamstation data or will it start over?

Thanks
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11
I hope I have addressed all your concerns below.
  1. Resmed will issue different model numbers based on the geographical market location.  Slight variations in the firmware may exist.  "Early Support" refers that only a small sample of different model numbers have been reviewed on a worldwide distribution of this series.  The North American models currently seem to be covered.
  2. Time zones  - The 11 series introduced the use of timezones in lieu of setting the time.  Initially, Resmed did not allow for half-hour timezones.
  3. C/F - Centigrade/Fahrenheit conversion - Currently only Centigrade is being reported.  
  4. SD card  -  I would recommend either a new or freshly formatted SD card.  Each CPAP registers its serial number to the card, making it unique to that CPAP.  The last thing you want is to have stray data present on the card from another machine.  
  5. OSCAR Profile  -  Each manufacturer reports sleep parameters differently and the parameter types being reported.  When changing device manufacturers, a different profile is highly recommended.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding with the information. This helps me get ready for my new machine.
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
Good move.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 757 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 653 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
  Moving the OSCAR_CPAP_Data Directory archangle 2 1,165 02-27-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Steven
Question (Feature Request) Moving average for OSCAR Minute Vent chart? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 685 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM
  Moving the OSCAR_Data directory - how? d1hartman 1 636 09-28-2022, 11:54 PM
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,206 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022
  OSCAR - Overview Charts - Would Adding Moving Average Lines Have any Merit? RayBee 5 1,011 12-20-2021, 06:21 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.