Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME
RE: DME
(01-13-2014, 01:04 AM)me50 Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 09:03 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Yes the insurance was billed 3600 dollars for what anyone can get for 1000 bucks on the web. They only paid 1600 and I'm waiting for the bill. I'm sure I won't be happy when it comes.

are you responsible for say, 20%? you should only have to pay whatever % you are responsible for but of the allowed amount only. It doesn't matter what the DME bills your insurance company because the in network DME's have a contracted price with the insurance company and that is all they will get whether it is paid in full by the insurance company or partially by the insurance company and you.

Did the $1600 include the humidifier?

Yes it came with the humidifer. And yes about 20 %
(01-13-2014, 01:58 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Yeah, most DMEs local to me are welcoming to new patients. Sure, they might not get the "big ticket" item of your CPAP machine, but masks, hoses, filters, liners, office visits for "check ups" and such add up in between when you might need a CPAP machine purchase.

Thanks i didnt think about that.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.