Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH
RE: Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH
Check supplier 2 on the top ribbon shopping cart..  They sell excellent used machines.  Mine only had 250 hours (less than 1 month) VAUTO for 700 with 1 year warranty.  They also sell all of the used Resmed machines and they have excellent support and are a great company.  I think used airsense Auto is less than 400.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
So talking with the seller who has the Autoset 10 For Her, it seems they have a bunch of these machines (both the regular and For Her versions), all new and in box. Is this sketchy at all? They provided photos of the units. Is there any anything to be looking out for in regards to counterfeit units, factory rejects, units that didn't meet quality control standards or anything like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
We frequently see listings like this, and they are typically a back-door operation of a legitimate distributor. They may or may not operate as a DME. These sales are a good way to get a highly discounted new machine, and the seller will normally tell you the terms of warranty or return...ask. Back-door sales are a way to increase volume of sales and make additional profit, especially today when sales are affected by the Covid pandemic. These sales are normally for equipment only. No support and no questions asked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 on the ribbon suppliers ?

[Image with Commercial Link Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2020, 09:48 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Supplier #2 on the ribbon suppliers ?

[Image with Commercial Link Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

Oh, I didn't see your comment until now. It seems the second wind cpap store is selling a used Airsense 10 Auto for $389, at which point I'd rather get it from the local seller new for $400. But I see they are also selling the VAuto for $799, which makes the decision somewhat tricky again... I'm still thinking it makes sense to try the Airsense 10 Auto first and then try the VAuto as a backup
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be picking up the unit today. What should I be doing in terms of settings? 13-17 (same as what I have on Dreamstation) to start, EPR=3... Any other significant settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a fair start, and at a minimum pressure of 13, your pressure will be 13/10 (IPAP/EPAP) with capability to increase up to 17/14 if needed. If appropriate we can help reverse titrate the pressure. At the very least, this is lower pressure than you have been using. I think we may end up reducing pressure, but you had good results at this range, we just need to see improved comfort and sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do check the hours on the machine. The clinician menu and go to the very bottom to “about”.  That will show the hours ran, they can NOT be reset and should be close to 0 if new.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I got the unit, made sure it showed 0 hours, and slept a night with it. It might be placebo, but this felt like a pretty good night's sleep, despite being super late sleep with 6am- 1pm, which is why the sleep is on two separate charts - I'll see what it is after a more reasonable night's sleep. The EPR was pretty noticeable, and made my exhales feel a lot better, especially compared to the Philips. I'm not exactly sure how to get more Event Flags to show up in Oscar though - it doesn't seem to be displaying RERA's, flow limitations, snoring etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, what a difference! Flow limitations are gone, and obstructive events like flow limitation, snores, RERA and even hypopnea have disappeared. Your 95% pressure has dropped from over 16 to 14/11. You have added 80 to 100 mL tidal volume to each breath and nearly 1-L/min to minute vent.

I think we can even lower your pressure and get good results. Keeping all settings the same, just lower minimum pressure from 13.0 to 12.0. We will lower it until we see indications of obstruction trying to come back in. The big difference here is the EPR or "pressure support" of 3 which is helping you to breathe much easier. You have some mouth leaks and once those are better controlled, you should have even more restful sleep. If you can tolerate the idea, check out the Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap from Supplier #37. This really exceeds my expectations, and points to why we push so hard for members to try the Resmed if they can get it.

Don't worry about more event flags, there aren't any. The Resmed charts flow limitations instead of marking them as events. There is a snore summary and it is charted, but they don't show in events. Want to remember the "bad old days"?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26074]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,022 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 583 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.