Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH
RE: Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH
I have a cms 50F and wear it about 4 times a month.  I am also on O2 24/7 so I need to keep track.  Most have a blood Oxygen in the middle to upper 90 and CPAP helps with the O2 content not hurt it.  If you want to check it once a month or so, fine.  They are not real expensive - the cms 50f is less than 100 on amazon and less than 80 on ebay.  But unless you have some symptoms like a headache you probably don't need one.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2020, 07:35 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Make sure it is the "D+" and not the "D" model.

Oh ok, it seems the D+ model has 24 hr internal memory... It looks like $30 on ebay. Does that seem about right? Would there be a good reason to opt for a more advanced model like the around-the-wrist F model that costs roughly $90? I haven't had much experience with these before, but maybe the wrist models stay on better?
Post Reply Post Reply
The D+ doesn't have an onboard clock. Also, you have to jump through a few more hoops when downloading the data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The entire unit is on the finger. It is pretty large while the 50f is like a wristwatch with a much smaller finger probe.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I would step up to pay for better than the CMS 50D IMO. I have a 50 DL and it's pretty basic. It works in showing pulse, heart rate, and oxygen percentage. No clock. I will be getting a better equipped meter myself soon as I feel the need for at least a 24 hr record ability.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious to hear other people's experiences when they started getting on cpap that worked for them/ adjusted their regiment, including possibly any side effects. One thing I've noticed is increased hair loss around the time I changed to the Resmed. Is this something others have experienced? I have no idea if it's coincidence or if there's some relation here.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I changed from dream station to ResMed the results were nothing but positive. I went from sleeping 5-6 hours to 8+ hrs. My events went from around 25 per night to less than 3. Felt much better and no more falling asleep anytime I sat down for more than 10 minutes. Nothing negative at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm highly skeptical cpap has any bearing on hair loss.

the most obvious initial benefit for me was a significant reduction in acid reflux. with my apnea treatment complicated by periodic limb movement and receiving absolutely no help from my sleep medicine provider, it's taken me several years to get dialed in with the right machine at the right settings. I have been disappointed that feeling noticeably better has taken so long. I've been disappointed my blood pressure hasn't dropped. otoh, I am slowly but surely increasingly able to function more normally, more vital, alert, energetic, interested, etc. more physically active, not losing words and my train of thought as much, memory is improving. I hope I never have to sleep without my machine as my well-being is entirely dependent on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to check in on sleep therapy lately to make sure things were looking ok. I've noticed this week that the AHI is slightly higher than previous weeks and flow limits seem a little more substantial, but not sure if it's a problem. Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
After use of 7:12 hours, an AHI of 1.25, overall data looks like the therapy is doing great. Are you feeling better for the therapy? If it is helping you feel better, and there's no symptoms or complaints, I won't suggest changes as it looks like it's doing well. Keep at it and you will continue to feel better for it. Congrats on the success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 51 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,014 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.