Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eight weeks in and not feeling rested
Last night set 9-11, EPR off. I didn't have a very good night (again) but thank the insomnia for that as much as the CPAP  Unsure

CA's seem to have jumped up some.....

[Image: xlarge.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Insomnia and CA kind of go together. I would not worry about it unless it becomes persistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Something I see on these charts as well as on other charts like this is a lot of CA's along with a lot of HA's. Do the two go hand in hand? Is this a sign that HA's might actually be CA's or just two separate things?

Sorry for cutting in SWsabre I'll bow out now.
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-03-2017, 08:45 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider,
                 Something I see on these charts as well as on other charts like this is a lot of CA's along with a lot of HA's. Do the two go hand in hand? Is this a sign that HA's might actually be CA's or just two separate things?

No worries Walla Walla, we're all here to learn, help each other and - hopefully - get some sleep.

Last night's chart looked about the same so I won't post it, CA's very similar, OA's up a bit. I think I'll try a little EPR tonight and see if that makes any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the pressure to min 10 max 12 and leave the EPR off for a while, if the CA bother you. If not use an EPR of 2 and see how it goes for comfort. I wouldn't worry about a few CA till you have used cpap for 3 months, in a lot of cases it disappears.
new user http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or sleepyhead, set the min CPAP 1cm below median pressure. Or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2017, 08:45 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider,

I'll just say, I don't know, and don't ever worry about bringing a second opinion to anything I post.
Post Reply Post Reply

10-12, EPR 2, I liked the feel of having the EPR on again, CA's were down some but the overall numbers for last night were not good. I do think a bunch of the OA's around 1-1:30AM occurred while I was awake or just getting back to sleep. Any thoughts?

As always, I thank you for your help and encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind EPR drops your EPAP 2-cm. That is your OA control, however that big cluster looks more likeyou might want to look into a soft cervical collar. Hang in there and see where this goes. EPR is not hurting your CA count, but it does explain why your pressure climbs to the max limit pretty quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I met with my sleep doctor Thursday, when I asked about possibly using a static pressure she suggested changing the machine to CPAP mode and setting a pressure of 11. 

So, I think I will try that for a while (along with some new sleep meds  Sad ) and see how it goes. 

Last night's chart doesn't look too bad, although I still don't fell any better  Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply

Although this is an improvement, I still think a soft cervical collar can clear this up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 weeks and my thoughts on P10, Brevida and Dreamwear masks JeffT 27 1,609 09-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: JeffT
  First 3 weeks of therapy tjwoody 5 228 09-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Last Post: tjwoody
  Hosed up for 6 weeks now Swisssleeper 17 428 09-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Chicago
  Less AHI with nasal mask, but feeling more fresh with full face mask que0x 5 213 09-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  3 weeks MMA post op Steverino 8 481 07-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: mrkdilkington
  a few more weeks in, tuning stage two cantsleep2017 0 148 07-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cantsleep2017
  Feeling exhausted chunchon 33 1,250 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: chunchon