Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eight weeks in and not feeling rested
RE: Eight weeks in and not feeling rested
Thanks all, I do have an appointment with the sleep doctor next week and think I'll go to see my primary soon after that. Also, here are the last couple night's charts with the machine set as suggested.

[Image: xlarge.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
This looks like good progress here. The highly fragmented therapy sessions with rapidly increasing pressure is gone. Events have moved away from central to more obstructive appearance. The flow limitation chart is particularly busy, and that is probably what was responsible for increasing pressures in Autoset mode that cause the leaks and therapy breaks.

I consider this pretty good, and the next step will be a slight increase in pressure to 8.4 to find out if we can reduce obstructive events further, without bringing back CA. One area of particularly good progress is the mask leaks and longer, more restful sleep sessions. It is a lot easier to interpret this result than the fragmented, rapidly increasing pressures we saw previously. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes agree.  These graphs look so much better.  That fragmented sleep can really do a job on you.  
I was tired just looking at them.  Smile

If you follow the above advice by slowly increasing the minimum pressure, you should start to see and "feel" more improvement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per the advice above I increased to 8.4/8.4 pressure. I did try the pillows again last night for a while but was having mouth leaks so got up and switched back to to the full face, I'm just going to stick with that going forward. I also had inadvertently left EPR on after playing around in the menus and remembered that around 2:30 so got up and turned it off. So, the chart from last night is a little odd but one thing that stands out to me is the high RERA number - maybe a fluke or maybe I need a little more or less pressure? One final note, the last "session" (after 7:15 or so) I never really fell asleep so not sure if that portion of the chart is relevant.

Thanks for your help, I know I'm obsessing with this but I just want to feel better as soon as possible!
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you turned off EPR, your RERA , snores, flow limits and leaks are down. I don't think we can take a split night as meaningful other than for the comparison it gives us on before and after.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't change anything last night so this is a full night of 8.4/8.4, EPR off, etc. Not sure if this represents progress or not but I sure don't feel any better  Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Still a lot of flow limitation and obstructive events. Take pressure to 9.0 and see if you feel any better. You have been patient with this process and unfortunately it sometimes takes a while to establish what is going on. I want you to think about how the pressure is affecting you and if you feel comfortable with where you are at in terms of this pressure. It might be time to reintroduce some auto pressure and a bit of EPR; I just don't want to get back to the fragmented treatment where you remove the therapy every time pressure goes up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 03:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Still a lot of flow limitation and obstructive events.  Take pressure to 9.0 and see if you feel any better.  You have been patient with this process and unfortunately it sometimes takes a while to establish what is going on.  I want you to think about how the pressure is affecting you and if you feel comfortable with where you are at in terms of this pressure.  It might be time to reintroduce some auto pressure and a bit of EPR; I just don't want to get back to the fragmented treatment where you remove the therapy every time pressure goes up.

Thanks Sleeprider. 

My current intuition/gut feeling is to try a limited range, maybe 9-11 or 9-12, as my 95% pressure when I was using the 5-15 range seemed to usually be around 11-12. As for the EPR, maybe try it at a low setting, not sure on that really.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with your thoughts, and you seem to be aware of what you need to accomplish. Your early treatment may not be predictive of what you may experience today/tonight. We really want to take things slow, and if we add in EPR or auto pressure adjustment, let's take it one step at a time and understand your response.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider, I'm set to 9-11, EPR off, and hoping for a restful night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,488 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.