Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eight weeks in and not feeling rested
RE: Eight weeks in and not feeling rested
Last night set 9-11, EPR off. I didn't have a very good night (again) but thank the insomnia for that as much as the CPAP  Unsure

CA's seem to have jumped up some.....

[Image: xlarge.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Insomnia and CA kind of go together. I would not worry about it unless it becomes persistent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Something I see on these charts as well as on other charts like this is a lot of CA's along with a lot of HA's. Do the two go hand in hand? Is this a sign that HA's might actually be CA's or just two separate things?

Sorry for cutting in SWsabre I'll bow out now.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2017, 08:45 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider,
                 Something I see on these charts as well as on other charts like this is a lot of CA's along with a lot of HA's. Do the two go hand in hand? Is this a sign that HA's might actually be CA's or just two separate things?

No worries Walla Walla, we're all here to learn, help each other and - hopefully - get some sleep.

Last night's chart looked about the same so I won't post it, CA's very similar, OA's up a bit. I think I'll try a little EPR tonight and see if that makes any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the pressure to min 10 max 12 and leave the EPR off for a while, if the CA bother you. If not use an EPR of 2 and see how it goes for comfort. I wouldn't worry about a few CA till you have used cpap for 3 months, in a lot of cases it disappears.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2017, 08:45 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sleeprider,

I'll just say, I don't know, and don't ever worry about bringing a second opinion to anything I post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
10-12, EPR 2, I liked the feel of having the EPR on again, CA's were down some but the overall numbers for last night were not good. I do think a bunch of the OA's around 1-1:30AM occurred while I was awake or just getting back to sleep. Any thoughts?

As always, I thank you for your help and encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind EPR drops your EPAP 2-cm. That is your OA control, however that big cluster looks more likeyou might want to look into a soft cervical collar. Hang in there and see where this goes. EPR is not hurting your CA count, but it does explain why your pressure climbs to the max limit pretty quickly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I met with my sleep doctor Thursday, when I asked about possibly using a static pressure she suggested changing the machine to CPAP mode and setting a pressure of 11. 

So, I think I will try that for a while (along with some new sleep meds  Sad ) and see how it goes. 

Last night's chart doesn't look too bad, although I still don't fell any better  Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
Although this is an improvement, I still think a soft cervical collar can clear this up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,511 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 680 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.