Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Elbow or swivel on S9 Autoset
RE: Elbow or swivel on S9 Autoset
(03-06-2012, 03:08 PM)Steven Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 07:45 PM)JumpStart Wrote: I am newly diagnosed with severe OSA, and now am choosing the device I hope will be best for me. In considering the S9 Autoset, I have a question for any other user of this device regarding the location of the hose outlet on an attached humidifier: (1) Do you find the location convenient, and, (2) can you attach a swivel or elbow (I am not sure of the correct description) to enable you to direct the hose sideways rather than backwards? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, that is a really stupid placement of the hose outlet.

By the way, the large power brick is also a minus for some (in case you haven't noticed that yet).

But, I think that the other pluses of the S9 AutoSet offset those "deficiencies".

I also have learned to live with the placement of the hose outlet because I also route the hose behind me & over my head.

I suggest testing your configuration on the couch, collect the data and your thoughts, and report them to your "area supervisor". Let us know your results.

Bigwink
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I finally got my equipment from the DME this afternoon. Tonight I will begin, with the device on a temporary bedside table. We shall see what results I get, and how well I tolerate this new procedure. I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed!
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep my S9 on small stool wedged between the bed and bedside table
and like the hose coming from the back it,s more functional this way. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
It can take a little while to figure the hose issues out. I have mine suspended from the wall above my head with retractable cables. (I am a stomach sleeper so the turning my head back and forth got the hose wrapped around my neck a number of times). The swivel at the elbow on the S9 Autoset works well, once you put a drop of olive oil where it rubs to stop the squeak that is....
Post Reply Post Reply
we have night stands on either side of the bed. the tops of them are just a little lower than the top of the mattress. the apap's sit on top of the night stands right next to us. noise isn't a problem. the hoses just come across to us and hang where they hang. no water in the hose, no problem with the hose. and i'm a restless side to side sleeper.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 04:08 PM)Corkster52 Wrote: The swivel at the elbow on the S9 Autoset works well...

What elbow? Either you have a greatly modified device, or you are pulling my leg.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry...it is part of my mask. Quattro FX FFM
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were to find an elbow that would fit the humidifier and a hose, you would not be able to use the climate control hose. My CPAP and humidifier set on top of my bedside table. The hose comes out of the back of the humidifier, comes behind th CPAP, goes over the Headboard from the backside and drops to my mask which lips onto my face while sleep. It is really kind of simple, if you don't over think it. I know it took my awhile to figure it out.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2012, 12:14 PM)Cutter Wrote: If you were to find an elbow that would fit the humidifier and a hose, you would not be able to use the climate control hose. My CPAP and humidifier set on top of my bedside table. The hose comes out of the back of the humidifier, comes behind th CPAP, goes over the Headboard from the backside and drops to my mask which lips onto my face while sleep. It is really kind of simple, if you don't over think it. I know it took my awhile to figure it out.

cutter has the number one answer so far.

i would think if the hose is pointing backwards and its a huge problem, turn the machine backwards and the hose is pointing forward. if the better homes and gardens tour comes thru ya can always turn it back the right way.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: ag1051168-1_1.jpg]

If this is what you are looking for, you can get it for the S9 at Supplier #1 on the list.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 12 5,537 10-29-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  Need help with F20 Airfit leaks (elbow?) jaytee80 4 1,262 09-22-2023, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Question Popping noise from Resmed elbow Proth 1 663 09-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,488 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,442 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.