Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Let's see if I can get this right
RE: Let's see if I can get this right
Mikey, the machine in the graphs is a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with a pressure range of 11.5 to 20.  I have used that machine and it's fine, and you don't need a replacement. My thought was only in passing that a bilevel is a very comfortable way to resolve the flow limits and RERA. An AHI of 0.0 is rare and very very good.  If RERA is consistently this high, you may not be sleeping as well as you otherwise might, so my suggestion should have been simply to add 0.5 cm of minimum pressure to 12.0.

Welcome to the forums.  I start Medicare in the Fall.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6869]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2018, 07:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mikey, the machine in the graphs is a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with a pressure range of 11.5 to 20.  I have used that machine and it's fine, and you don't need a replacement. My thought was only in passing that a bilevel is a very comfortable way to resolve the flow limits and RERA. An AHI of 0.0 is rare and very very good.  If RERA is consistently this high, you may not be sleeping as well as you otherwise might, so my suggestion should have been simply to add 0.5 cm of minimum pressure to 12.0.

Welcome to the forums.  I start Medicare in the Fall.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6869]
Thanks, Sleeprider.  I just scanned my RERA results since the first of June.  This one was nearly the lowest.  I'll bump my pressure up by .5" of WC and see what happens.  

Cheers,
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set my minimum pressure to 12.0 before going to bed last night.  My RERA was up a little, but my AHI stayed at zero.  I think I'll give it a few more days before I make further changes.  

I have made several changes to my pressure over the 3 1/2 years that I have had this machine.  It was originally set at 14.0/20.0.  I looked back, and leak rates were huge.  I was then wearing a nasal mask, not the nasal pillows I wear now.

[attachment=6905][attachment=6906]
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
To understand why RERA is being flagged, I think you will need to zoom in on the flow rate charts in 2-minute segments when RERA are being flagged. That way the respiratory pattern or arousal might be better understood. The minimum pressure of 12 bought a slight decrease in flow limitation. I'm not in favor of increasing pressure a lot when flow limitation or RERA does not respond, and perhaps, we should try to reduce pressure to see if that helps. You certainly have room to reduce pressure without concern for introducing more AHI. The protocol usually calls for pressure increases, but with some people, reduced pressure results in improvement. We might try that direction next.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Durned if I know what's going on here.  SleepyHead seems to have changed itself, or I changed it, but if it was me, I have no idea  what I did or how to reverse the change.

[attachment=6918]
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you have turned off all event flags. Look at the bottom of the graphs. You will see a drop-down box labeled, Flags. Turn them all to green by clicking on each one of them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I was afraid that I broke SleepyHead.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7155][attachment=7154][attachment=7153][ Sleeprider pid='263615' dateline='1529596786']To understand why RERA is being flagged, I think you will need to zoom in on the flow rate charts in 2-minute segments when RERA are being flagged.  That way the respiratory pattern or arousal might be better understood.  The minimum pressure of 12 bought a slight decrease in flow limitation.  I'm not in favor of increasing pressure a lot when flow limitation or RERA does not respond, and perhaps, we should try to reduce pressure to see if that helps. You certainly have room to reduce pressure without concern for introducing more AHI.  The protocol usually calls for pressure increases, but with some people, reduced pressure results in improvement.  We might try that direction next.[/quote]

Sorry, I guess I disappeared again.  I tried two nights at 12 cm, then reduced to 11 cm as you suggested.  I have left it there since.  I have tried checking flow limitations as you suggested, but I see little or no change in the wave.  Here are some screenshots for your perusal.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
Wish you were on an Airsense 10 or bilevel. Lots of flow limitations and snores in the graphs submitted. With Dreamstation, your only choice is higher minimum pressure if you want to target those events. AHI is of course perfect, but I would not trade you for that RERA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.