Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Elevated Hypopnea But Everything Else is Good. But AHI is High as a Result
RE: Elevated Hypopnea But Everything Else is Good. But AHI is High as a Result
Aha - I put the machine on 'C' - Flex at 2 setting and will see how having just the exhalation relief does for me tonight.

Then I will try it with C-Flex at 1 - and then with Flex Off totally.

I have a nose pillow mask now (Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow) which splits and runs the air down either side of my face - should I reduce the hose diameter from 15 to 12 cm???  These two air passages which are part of the structure of the mask, do not seem to have the cross section which the feed hose has (15 cm)

A33
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2018, 09:06 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 05:08 PM)Akhenaten33 Wrote: <snip>
Is this common to start the first 15 minutes of the night with a low breathing rate and then step into a normal one as soon as one is fully asleep?

Yep, sadly, yer jus' like the rest of us!  (Well, there are exceptions but yes, that's typical.  Makes sense, right?)

Oh!  And I din' mean yer exactly the same – unlike me, for you, there's hope.   Dielaughing

This is good to know.  Err.... maybe not 'good'.  Errrr uhhhhhh......
Wink
A33  Coffee
The Pharaoh Who Unified Upper and Lower Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2018, 06:12 PM)Akhenaten33 Wrote: Thanks

OK, I bumped up the min pressure to 8.0 and had my AHI drop to about 7 or 8, then to 8.5 and had it drop to 3 or 5 pretty consistently.  Then finally bumped it up to 9.0 over the last week. My AHI has been anywhere from 1.2 - 3.99 since.  Based on the graph, I am reluctant to go any higher on min pressure

No discomfort, and I really cannot tell any difference between 8 and 9 physically - but it did take my AHI down even further.

Here is last night's where I got an AHI of 4.0

It just looks like the machine's response does not exactly match the events...

A33
Why not try 10?  That is the only way to know if you have optimized your treatment.  Then you can decide if you like it.  
Zoom in on the events and examine before hand to see if you see significant signs of obstruction or if they are just due to breathing irregularities.  A friend on mine always has some hypops due to irregular breathing that he can't eliminate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2018, 07:49 PM)tedvpap Wrote: Why not try 10?  That is the only way to know if you have optimized your treatment.  Then you can decide if you like it.  
Zoom in on the events and examine before hand to see if you see significant signs of obstruction or if they are just due to breathing irregularities.  A friend on mine always has some hypops due to irregular breathing that he can't eliminate.

I will work up to it yes. I think that Flex-C is what I want, and now I just have to select between Flex1 Flex2 and OFF. Definitely do not want a 12 mm hose size. Tried it last night and that was a disaster. Darth Vader time. Annoyed-and-disappointed

I wanted to make the titration the last step of my actions, so that no other factor (Flex, hose size, mask fit, Flextype, etc) impacted the titration suitability. So I am close and will try 10 maybe tomorrow night. Smile
A33  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
ted

I went ahead and assumed a setting of C-Flex-1 and then upped my min to 10.0 and got my first sub-1.0 AHI ever! Yeah man! AHI = 0.8

very sweet...
A33  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2018, 12:16 PM)Akhenaten33 Wrote: ted

I went ahead and assumed a setting of C-Flex-1 and then upped my min to 10.0 and got my first sub-1.0 AHI ever!  Yeah man!  AHI = 0.8

very sweet...
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.