Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I'm going to the Zonk tank
RE: I'm going to the Zonk tank
Luuuuuuccccyyyyyy that was some perfect splainin you did there. I get it now, thanks, was just wondering.

Btw I prefer the tank in the picture, those pipes will clear out the apnea, lol
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2014, 09:23 AM)justMongo Wrote: Cheapo tank is two piece. Plastic top and aluminum bottom. Their "dishwasher safe" tank is 3 piece: Stainless steel bottom, plastic top, and a 3rd plastic part that has the level indication. You just take the top from the type 1 tank and put it on the stainless steel bottom of the type 2 tank, omitting the 3rd plastic part. So, you ask, "Why not just use the type 3 tanks as it comes?" There is no reason for the 3rd part except to hold the water level scale (which is also why, if you omit part 3, you cannot use the type two tank top.) One is creating a type 1 tank with a stainless bottom.

Actually I think that there is a reason for the 3rd part. It incorporates the neoprene seal between the top and bottom. It also acts as a baffle between the water in the tank and the port to the flow generator which assists in keeping the flow generator dry, a very important consideration.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2014, 03:57 AM)kmar92 Wrote: Actually I think that there is a reason for the 3rd part. It incorporates the neoprene seal between the top and bottom. It also acts as a baffle between the water in the tank and the port to the flow generator which assists in keeping the flow generator dry, a very important consideration.
Basically, I,m using the standard water tank but swapping the aluminum base with the stainless steel base of the cleanable tank

Any problem with my tank should also be the same problem with the standard tank Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use aluminum bottom tanks but after a few months you get the grey aluminum oxide in the bottom.
(aluminum is not good when ingested or inhaled)
I wanted no more part of that.
Switched to stainless and its almost bullet proof.
I don't know why they OEM's try to sell that crap.

Tongue
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2014, 07:27 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I used to use aluminum bottom tanks but after a few months you get the grey aluminum oxide in the bottom.
(aluminum is not good when ingested or inhaled)
I wanted no more part of that.
Switched to stainless and its almost bullet proof.
I don't know why they OEM's try to sell that crap.

Tongue

Ingesting or inhaling aluminum oxide will not hurt you. Actually Stainless Steel has some things in it that are much nastier than aluminum or aluminum oxide. Try chrome and nickel.

The fact of the matter is that even if any of these things ended up in the water in the humidifier, they would not get into the airstream anyway.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,075 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 536 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank GuitarRebel 24 5,067 08-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Humidity set to 0, no water in tank. Is this ok to do? JohnReam 5 931 09-27-2022, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to quickly dry hose and tank after washing in bucket? pkersey 12 1,713 09-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  pink residue in humidifier tank hegel 12 23,631 08-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  DS1 and DS2 - Are the Filters and Humidity Tank Interchangeable? brianc18t 2 771 04-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaveCar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.