Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Email from Philips offering an "auto-adjusting CPAP" instead of the DS2
RE: Email from Philips offering an "auto-adjusting CPAP" instead of the DS2
Oscar works well for me and You can also upload DS2 data to SleepHQ   https://home.sleephq.com/  and it will process and present your machine data in nice graphs that can be shared.   I choose the receive Auto adjusting Cpap option and received Two New DS2 replacements this week for my two System one devices.  DS2 were easy to set up with the provider guides available from this site.  The DS2 has a Auto trial option when In Cpap mode that I'm currently using to test my settings but the same thing can be accomplished in the Apap mode. I'm just looking at the nightly Graphs and increasing the low pressure and decreasing the upper based on the treatment graphs. I went from AHI of 3.8 to 0.67 in three nights and I have basically confirmed my prior settings are good.  I'm turning off EPR now and plan to test the results at the different levels over the next few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I opted for the APAP option and received a DS2 Advanced.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 09:05 AM)jtravel Wrote: Oscar works well for me and You can also upload DS2 data to SleepHQ

From what I see, SleepHQ does not yet support the DreamStation 2 machines.

OSCAR is the only option at this time.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I chose a no prescription auto cpap, filled out the level of need form and had a DS2 delivered in a week with no prescription sent in even though I had one ready to go.   I found a 2 min. YouTube showing how to adjust it to my pressure settings which is very easy.  Hold down the the on/off button until it blinks and there is the clinical menu.

It came with a hose and case.  Philips is expecting my old System One to be shipped by via FedEx.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2023, 04:26 PM)Gideon Wrote: These machine never optimize therapy,

Interestingly my PRS1S60 (460PBT) has an auto trail mode. It runs in auto for a few days (configurable) then switches to a fixed pressure based in the results.

I tried it for 7 days using 10-17, and after set its self to 16, vs the 10 (my original Rx) that was set prior to the trial.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post your detailed charts so we can see
Post Reply Post Reply
I accepted the option of a replacement Auto adjusting machine and today received a new Dreamstation 2 Advanced. 

The instructions say to plug the machine in and it will download the settings from your prior Phillips machine. I last used my old machine several years ago so I’m not sure anything was received. 

I got into the clinician’s menu and saw it was set for auto adjusting with a range of 4-20 so I think they are depending on the automatic function to provide the proper setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my replacement and chose an auto, you can get it faster that way, also switch it to cpap if you wish. Mine works great, much better sleep and getting AHI under 5. The air is cleaner which makes me think the old machine had some funky stuff in it. I feel great, noticeable better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2023, 03:08 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: From what I see, SleepHQ does not yet support the DreamStation 2 machines.

OSCAR is the only option at this time.

SleepHQ has a Dreamstation option and says DS2 coming soon. If you select the dreamstation option you can upload DS2 data as it uses the same date folder. The data is processed Graphs are displayed and it shows DS2.

https://sleephq.com/public/27dfd7a4-136b...05c48a7ef7
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2023, 11:58 PM)Cedric35 Wrote: I got into the clinician’s menu and saw it was set for auto adjusting with a range of 4-20 so I think they are depending on the automatic function to provide the proper setting.

Yes, that's exactly what they think. All you need do is go into the clinician menu and reset your pressures the way you want them.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 73 3 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,945 6 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,386 7 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,216 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 992 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.