Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Embarrassing but weird side affect with new machine
RE: Embarrassing but weird side affect with new machine
(07-08-2013, 11:06 AM)Sweetdreams2013 Wrote: How do I check my AHI on there
PRS1 setup information and video http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

You can ask for the clinical manual via email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Which BiPAP machine do you have? If it is the "BiPAP Plus", you are out of luck. That machine does not record anything but compliance (ie. usage) data. Otherwise. you don't need to go into the clinician's menu to check your AHI summaries. Simply turn the dial to "Info", press the button, turn the dial to "AHI" and press the button again.

Of course, the best way is to examine the detailed data using SleepyHead. That will give you detailed minute-by-minute data over the entire sleep period, rather than just a potentially misleading summary. Again, assuming that your machine records that data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2013, 04:57 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Which BiPAP machine do you have? If it is the "BiPAP Plus", you are out of luck. That machine does not record anything but compliance (ie. usage) data.
I don,t use PRS1 machine but based on System One comparison guide, there is only BIPAP Auto (760) And BIPAP Pro (660) Bi-level devices .. both data capable machines. The Plus model only available in the CPAP devices (260), models numbers below 460 are not data capable machines

Edit: Not sure about BIPAP but PRS1 (560) in the clinical menu, you need to select on to "show AHI/leak/PB" on LCD
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2013, 05:25 PM)zonk Wrote: I don,t use PRS1 machine but based on System One comparison guide, there is only BIPAP Auto (760) And BIPAP Pro (660) Bi-level devices .. both data capable machines. The Plus model only available in the CPAP devices (260), models numbers below 460 are not data capable machines

Ok, then there are some old pages _somewhere_. Going to http://bipap.respironics.com/ shows a veritable plethora of BiPAP machines. The two machines you quote are new 60 Series machines. I suspect the page I quote also shows some older models.

(07-08-2013, 05:25 PM)zonk Wrote: Edit: Not sure about BIPAP but PRS1 (560) in the clinical menu, you need to select on to "show AHI/leak/PB" on LCD

Good point.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can check your AHI on the display. You can also download the data from the SD card to a computer where you can use software such as SleepyHead.

The aerophagia will subside, but the doc may want to lower your pressures a bit until that happens.

Try sleeping with your chin tucked in against your chest.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try some Malox Plus or Gas-X (Simethicone) they may help break up the gas so it escapes better.
Dropping the pressure down a few notches for a month or two, then slowly creep back up again might work too.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2013, 11:48 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Try sleeping with your chin tucked in against your chest.

When I sleep, my head is at the edge of my pillow, and I take the lower corner of the pillow and cram it between my chin and my neck. I find that provides support in keeping my mouth closed, and is comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lowering the pressure is just a temporary measure to let you adjust to the pressure without getting too much gas. Plan on raising it back up later once you adjust. Your machine records data that can tell you or your doctor if the pressure is too low to treat your apnea.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2013, 06:46 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Yep!

I had it really bad when I first started CPAP. Unfortunately for me, it didn't really cause any belching.

Remember ....

Every time you burp, you cheat yourself out of a good
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 192 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.