Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Emergency replacement -
RE: Emergency replacement -
Thanks for the suggestion - I just found a new one for $350 on Craigslist. I hadn't considered buying one without going through the normal channels because it always seemed like it was just a couple of days away, until it wasn't. Original mask order - done on Wednesday, told I'd have it Friday morning, didn't get it for another week and a half even after hand delivering the SD card. Machine - insurance company straightened out, called supplier, apparently told them how to code the request but contrary to what I was told they didn't give actual approval then and there, "just a day or so to get the approval" turned into a week, and then once they had everything they wouldn't give me the machine because a respiratory therapist had to 'train me' on its use, supposedly per NJ law. In hindsight, I'd have paid full price if I had to but who wants to blow $900 over a 'day or so' delay? I also had no idea that supplies were so cheap and available from Amazon. I recall when I first got my S-9 the replacement tank was $90. Amazing how $.49 worth of plastic becomes $90 when called a medical device.

Thanks for your help

Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
YES!!!! Good for you!!!!! I'm so very grateful these things can be found online. I'd love for my insurance to pay for everything - especially since I know they DO cover it all - but it just doesn't always happen as it should or even as promised. So thank goodness for Craigslist, Amazon, and online suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear things worked out and you won't have to worry about a delay now. You can always have a backup this way and never be at the mercy of approvals, prescriptions, and other delays. Congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 211 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,805 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,373 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,011 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 252 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,217 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,939 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.