Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Enable/Disable Ramp on System One 560
Enable/Disable Ramp on System One 560
In the research I've done, I see references to enabling and disabling the ramp feature on the 560.

I can see (from the little icon) that my ramp is currently not enabled. But I have been in the setup menu (I know the secret handshake), and I cannot find anything at all about the ramp in there.

I don't think I'll want to use the ramp. But I'd like to know how to turn it on should I want to.

I use Auto mode. Is it possible that in a constant-pressure mode the ramp appears in the menu, but it is invisible if the machine is set to Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Enable/Disable Ramp on System One 560
While in the “secret” menu, scroll down untill you see ramp time. On my machine, it is right after the Heated Tube temperature setting.

You click on “ramp time,” then turn dial and select the minutes you want for ramp.  If not using ramp, it should be set at 0 minutes.

Ramp is available in either mode.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. But I'm still confused. Sorry.

There must be more than one "secret menu." ???

I mean the Setup menu, which is accessed by holding down the big wheel/button and the ramp button for several seconds. In that setup menu, there is nothing about ramp; there is also nothing about hose temp.

What am I missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a quick snapshot of the screen.  If you are using a 560, then this is what you should see.

It’s not real clear, but you can see my “ramp time” set to 0.

[attachment=9237]

Order the Clinicians Manual for your machine, so you will have for future reference.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting.

My menu looks pretty much just like that, but those two items are simply not there. I can probably live without ramp, and I don't have a heated tube, so I guess I'll be okay. But it's a mystery.  Huh

I do have the first and fourth items shown in your photo.

Thanks for your efforts, Opal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,357 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 401 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,191 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.