Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Enable the Data Card on S8 Elite
Enable the Data Card on S8 Elite
I have a S8 Elite (not the S8 Elite II) and was wondering how to enable the data Card menu. I can go into the Clinical menu but do not find any place where the data Card is enabled. Does anybody know how to enable it? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Enable the Data Card on S8 Elite
I have an S8 and I just stick the card in and it automaticly downloads the data on to it. There is no need to enable on my S8. Just slide your card in and watch on the readout screen what it says.

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2012, 01:52 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I have an S8 and I just stick the card in and it automaticly downloads the data on to it. There is no need to enable on my S8. Just slide your card in and watch on the readout screen what it says.

DC

Thank you for the reply. Thanks
Is there a card reader for the data Card? It looks different and will not fir in my SD reader.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search eBay for Resmed Card Reader. All of the sellers are located in Israel, but I don't know of anyone else who sells it. I got mine in about two weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 smart card reader is hard to find and only available from Israel on ebay at $100.
The S8 been replaced with S9 over two years ago and don,t require any special card/card reader .
Can you see the AHI and leak data displayed on the machine screen?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2012, 05:18 PM)zonk Wrote: The S8 smart card reader is hard to find and only available from Israel on ebay at $100.
The S8 been replaced with S9 over two years ago and don,t require any special card/card reader .
Can you see the AHI and leak data displayed on the machine screen?

Yes I can.
AHI is 4.2
AI is 0.7
HI is 2.4
Leak 0.22 L/s
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Alienman, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question, just keep checkin in and I'm sure others will have suggestions to help you. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed define acceptable leak at and below 24 L/min = 0.4 L/sec
0.22 L/sec = 13.2 L/min = good
AHI below 5 considered a good result.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just one other thing it isnt an SD card, its a lot longer than an SD card:

[Image: resmeds8datacardsingle.1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2012, 02:16 PM)Alienman Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 01:52 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I have an S8 and I just stick the card in and it automaticly downloads the data on to it. There is no need to enable on my S8. Just slide your card in and watch on the readout screen what it says.

DC

Thank you for the reply. Thanks
Is there a card reader for the data Card? It looks different and will not fir in my SD reader.

Hi Alienman,
I just bought a S8 card reader (well actually weeks ago but just got it) for a buddy of mine off ebay. Like Big Dave said, it came from Israel. I was the only person that bid on it and I ended up paying the initial bid price of 59$ plus shipping. PM me if you want to know which person on ebay I got it from (or just search yourself). There were a couple of sellers wanting more $$ but I think the 59$ person sells regularly. Expect to pay an additional 10$ or so for shipping, with no tracking and it will take a few weeks to get to you.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 270 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.