Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Basic ?
Encore Basic ?
In looking at the graph that Encore Basic generates is there
any way to know which apnias are centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Basic ?
The report shows "CAs" (just above the OA which is obstructive apnea) which stands for Clear Airway Apnea, not Central Apneas. That said, they most likely are when surrounded by other characteristics. I assume that you are looking at the "detailed" multi-day report. If you also pull the wave-form report (which has to be done daily if you want to save them) you can get a better idea of what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I am slowly coming to the conclusion I need a newer machine that collects more data. Over all my AHI isn't all that bad ranging from about 3 to 6 and I can make that more like 2 to 4 if I use a mask liner but need a new one after that last
cold I had. But looking at the daily flow charts I see a pattern. I almost never have an OA in my first 45 minuets of sleep. But after this I have some OA's at roughly 70 minuet intervenes with these intervals becoming a little more stretched out as the night progresses and the OA's a little more frequent. In general terms can something be made of that ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding/experience is that OA events are more likely during REM sleep which occurs in cycles with other sleep states during sleep.

There are various sleep trackers that will attempt to monitor sleep. I've found that for me the RESMED S+ seems to fairly reliably identify different sleep states (REM, Light & Deep). While waiting to start CPAP treatment I've been monitoring my SPO2 levels and see that a high percentage of my desaturation events are occurring during what my S+ identifies as REM sleep with very few during deep sleep (and an intermediate number during light sleep or while awake during the night).

HZone
Post Reply Post Reply
Hzone, are you using Resmed S+ with a smartphone, notebook, laptop or a desktop pc.

I don't have a smartphone and while I have a notebook it isn't working at the moment
nothing that reloading windows won't fix but would prefer to use it on a laptop or desktop
if possible. I am going to try to attach a snapshot of a night after a day of following a low
calorie diet see how bad it is. But if I had eaten a lot of junk food my AHI would have been
in the 1.5 to 3 range. And as you see the older auto cpap I use just won't register centrals
or as remstar terns them clear airway events or I am reading it wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 851 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,425 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,129 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,982 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Encore software and OSCAR blackshark3 3 1,003 11-10-2021, 12:34 AM
Last Post: blackshark3
  Basic how-to for contec 50F? cathyf 8 1,101 05-18-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card? VOIDED 3 776 02-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.