Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Pro 2 - Looking for info on creating/reading WaveForm reports
Encore Pro 2 - Looking for info on creating/reading WaveForm reports
I recently downloaded and installed Encore Pro 2 version 2.17.8.  I have imported several weeks of data but find that only certain days generate the WaveForm report.  I have read through the user guide but there is no info describing how the WaveForm report gets generated or how to read it.  Is the WaveForm report specific to Respironics or is this a standard sleep industry report?  Is there any information that explains when/how it gets generated and how to read it?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Pro 2 - Looking for info on creating/reading WaveForm reports
Hey thebrewery! I like the name, and welcome to Apnea Board. You can create detailed reports by going to patient(you I assume) and clicking on the therapy data tab. You should see a list your therapy in days with small check boxes to their left. At the bottom there is bar with options for creating a report. Choose detailed, and select the number of days you want the report to display. Then choose how you want to display the info: I usually click view unless I want to save it. It should generate a report. The first page is compliance, and the waveforms are on subsequent pages.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi COmbe,

Thank you for the welcome and the reply.  My question though, is specifically about the WaveForm report.  It seems that I can create the reports that you mentioned except the WaveForm report.  When I list my therapy days, some are flagged with a small icon that indicates that there is a related WaveForm report for that day, and if I click on the icon I get access to the report.  It looks like this report shows each breath that I took during the therapy and identifies things like clear apneas, obstructed apneas, hypopneas, mask leaks and periodic breathing, etc.  For some reason. this report is not created for all days and so my question is how do I create it for the days when the report is not automatically created?  Is there a reason that the report is not created on certain days?

Regards,
The Brewery
Post Reply Post Reply
So in addition to my last reply, this evening when I went to log into EncorePro 2, I got this message and the program ended: "Could not check the database version."

Any ideas how to recover?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to load your data into Encore Pro everyday to have the detailed data to create the waveform reports for everyday. Any days skipped will not have the detailed data and thus, the waveforms. There is no way that I am aware of to recover the data lost on skipped days. This is part of the reason most people use SleepyHead instead of Encore Pro. It makes no difference to SleepyHead how long it is between data transfers. It will load detailed data for every day and be  able to create the appropriate charts.

I don't know about the error message, I haven't run across it before.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify my last post. The detailed data will be present on your SD card. It just doesn't get transferred to Encore Pro for the days a data transfer is not done. Encore will not transfer the detailed data for skipped days even though it is on the card.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pupcamper - thank you for your reply.  I'll try updating EncorePro2 daily and see what happens.  I have an appointment on Thursday with my "sleep doctor" and the office has asked me to bring my entire CPAP machine.  I will be interested if he uses this software and whether or not he knows how to extract all of the data so that he can see the detail for the past month and a half. 

As for the error message, I Googled the message and got several hits on other apnea forums which advised checking to see if the SQL services tied to EncorePro2 were running.  Sure enough, the service MSSQL$ENCOREPRO2 was stopped and SQLAgent$ENCOREPRO2 was in error status.  I set one of them to start automatically (can't remember which one) and restarted my PC.  EncorePro2 now loads and runs without throwing the error.  Maybe this info will help someone else.

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on how to read the WaveForm reports?  Some of the information is fairly easy to understand but some is not obvious.  I have been Googling that as well but haven't found a significant source of information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interpretive information on wave form data is in Robysue's Guide to Sleepyhead (last link in my signature). It's a great source for information on all the weirdness of breathing. I don't know why you're not using #Sleepyhead, but it is actually much easier to zoom in on the flow rate wave form and see what is going on. If you ever have questions about what you are looking at you can take a screenshot from sleepyhead, or convert the Encore PDF to an image and post it. We can probably help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider.  I will check out Robysue's guide along with the Sleepyhead software.  I started with EncorePro2 because as a new member of the Sleep Apnea Society I figured that if I was using a Respironics machine, I might as well start with the Respironics software for that machine.  Now that I have some experience with it, it will be interesting to compare it to Sleepyhead and see how that works.  Thanks everyone for your kind help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 75 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 80 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 347 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 534 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 992 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,468 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 801 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.