Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My new Dreamstation
My new Dreamstation
After some prodding here I retired my old Remstar Auto and got a DreamStation Auto . Because my 
prescription called for a cpap set at 14 cm the DME had to set it that way and I used it like that the
first night like that and had an AHI of 6.55.  Then I reset it to Auto with a low of 10 and a high of 18.
My first night in auto my AHI was 1.86 then the next night it was .93  Then I started a low carb diet
and things got interesting. The last 10 days following a low carb diet my average AHI is about  2.2 . 
With only one night having an AHI as low as .98  when eating low carb.  Now in itself that difference
is trivial but I noticed the same thing when using my old RemStar but in that case if I was eating a low 
carb diet my AHI was about 6  but on days I ate a lot of carbs it averaged about 2.5   at least the new
machine is giving me a lower AHI even if I do low carb.  One other thing I noticed it seems I do better
with the DreamStation in auto mode but I got about the same results with the old Remstar in cpap or
auto mode  Oh I had some fun with my RT at my DME  I asked her to help me reset the pressure on an 
old cpap  I had it only had 39,174 hrs on it just geting broken in good!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My new Dreamstation
You might pick up a home glucometer and check your glucose about 2 hours after eating and/or before bed to see how that corresponds with your perceptions. You can put it in the notes section of SleepyHead.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Being a type 2 diabetic  I already check my blood sugar 
and it doesn't seem to be related to my blood sugar
level.  It's no big deal but just wondered why that was
happening,
Post Reply Post Reply
Being DM2, a low carb diet is usually recommended.
There may be a pH shift with low carb. That could have an impact on breathing.

BTW -- when you say low carb.... How low?
If really low carb, I'd check for ketones in urine. Your doctor may or may not have issues with ketones in urine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,303 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.