Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Pro Software
Encore Pro Software
This is my first post. Can someone tell me where to obtain Encore Pro Software?

Also, it the Respironics Smart Card Reader required or will any Smart Card Reader work with Encore Pro?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Pro Software
You don't want Encore Pro. It's designed for sleep clinics where they have to keep track of multiple patients. In the Encore family, you want EncoreViewer, which is designed for patient use. However, Respironics charges money for it, something like $100.

What I would suggest is that you download a program called SleepyHead. It's free, and you can download the latest version at http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2.

You do not need a special card reader to read the SD card. Any bog-standard card reader that reads that format will work. If buying a new reader and you are unsure of the format, take the card with you - if the card fits properly in the reader, the reader will read the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi boatman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Ron,

I downloaded SleepyHead yesterday, but it doesn't look like it supports my machine or SmartCards. I looked at the site, but couldn't find any options or patches for my machine.

If there is no way to use SleepyHead I will probably go with Encore Viewer.

Regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an older machine that uses a Smart Card vs SD memory card (like what goes into most cameras), then yes, you will need Encore Viewer and a proprietary Smart Card reader.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead does not support M series machines. If going to buy Encore Pro software and smart card reader than might consider put the money towards updating to the newer System One machines ... Plus/SE models and models numbers below 450/460 are not data capable machines
make sure does say Phillips Respironcis (PR) in the name
[Image: which-remstar.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

Supplier #2 is good source for used machines http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently the Respironics machines earlier than the System One series are not supported by SleepyHead, and machines that old do indeed have proprietary memory cards. Sorry for my earlier misdirection, I was not aware of these facts.

Zonk brings up a very good point that you might be better served upgrading your machine to the latest System One Series 60 machine. You will need a new humidifier unit as well - the older humidifier units are not compatible with the latest machines. I have no idea what the proprietary smart card reader will cost you, but the latest machines do use generic flash cards that can be read by bog-standard (ie. cheap) flash card readers. And are supported by SleepyHead (free software). And you have the option of getting a humidifier unit with heated hose support to reduce/eliminate rain-out.

I suspect the algorithms have been sufficiently improved that you will find your CPAP treatment a much more pleasant (ok, much less irritating) experience as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply,

I ordered Encore Viewer (ver 2.1 which is 64 bit compatible with WIN 7) @ $99 and the Smart Card reader @ $54. from Supplier #9 yesterday, based on Paula's post. They said I could return the SC reader if the standard SC reader I already have works with the software, with no re-stock fee if the box is unopened.

I like my current machine and was just looking to improve the results, using the software, and the good information on this site. If results are less than expected with Encore Viewer, I may consider your good suggestion on upgrading to a newer machine. It looks like Supplier #2 would take my machine in trade, along with possibly the software and reader.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Ron,

I ordered Encore Viewer from Supplier #2 along with a returnable (if I don't need it) Smart Card, as I like my current machine, and am just looking to improve the results using software feedback.

Please see my response to ZONK for full details

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2013, 09:35 AM)boatman Wrote: If results are less than expected with Encore Viewer, I may consider your good suggestion on upgrading to a newer machine. It looks like Supplier #2 would take my machine in trade, along with possibly the software and reader.

They wont even consider your machine it has more than 2,000 hours on it...

from the website:[(Devices with more than 2000 hours of use will not be considered - under 500 is preferable)]

I had my BiPap s/t for 3 years and it had over 9,000 machine hours on it..I too thought I might get something out of it until I read the fine print on the 'sell us your machine page'
I am not even sure what I should ask for it on craigslist..I paid $3500 .that was my share after insurance..
probably only get a couple hundred maybe if I even found a buyer?.. ..I read cpap machines are made to last 30,000 hours on average but its not unheard of to get 50,000 hours or even more out of one....
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,078 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,195 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.