Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice needed.
RE: Advice needed.
(07-22-2014, 09:47 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: Still no Slow wave sleep at all but improved REM sleep of 22% & 68% in Phase 2 of sleep. AHI of under 1.

How is your flow limit graph look like?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2014, 03:57 PM)name Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 09:47 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: Still no Slow wave sleep at all but improved REM sleep of 22% & 68% in Phase 2 of sleep. AHI of under 1.

How is your flow limit graph look like?
The sleep report does not show flow limit. Sleepy Head daily reports are fine as far as I can tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 09:47 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: The sleep report does not show flow limit. Sleepy Head daily reports are fine as far as I can tell.

It might be as RERA or that your RDI is higher than your AHI in the report. In sleepyhead a lot of bumps in the flow limit graph might indicate a problem, flat zero is nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell it looks good but I am attaching a copy of my Night before last one (I hardly slept last night so not sending that one) Sleepy Head report.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2014, 06:15 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: As far as I can tell it looks good but I am attaching a copy of my Night before last one (I hardly slept last night so not sending that one) Sleepy Head report.

It dose not look good to me.

apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Flow-Limitation-UARS-and-BiPAP

I myself dealing with flow limits. Things to try to reduce flow limitations

1) Clearing any nasal congestion, Airway is most important.

2) For me, turning on EPR to 3 do reduce flow limitations.

3) increasing min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I disagree with name's statement that your flow limitation graph "does not look good" Here's the flow limitation graph:
[Image: flowlimitation_zps3d64c8f3.jpg]
Yes, there are some bumps on it. But there are also long periods where the flow limitation graph is at or very close to 0, indicating little or no detectable flow limitation at all.

In other words, there may be a few periods where minor-to-moderate flow limitations are present, but this graph taken together with the fact that there were a total of 5 events all night (for an AHI = 0.6), indicates the machine is doing a good job of managing Realtor 1's apnea.

That's not to say that Realtor 1 isn't still feeling bad: He is still feeling pretty bad, and far worse than the numbers would indicate. And that means other potential causes for bad sleep and daytime sleepiness and fatigue need to be looked at. Tweaking the pressure settings on the machine in an effort to chase down a perfect flow limitation line are probably not going to do much in terms of how Realtor 1 feels during the day time.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
There is some people who are sensitive to flow limitations and cause them an arousal thus disturbing sleep, That definitely not good. Also his flow limit are associated with higher resp rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just don't know how to read these graphs.
Do wake up a lot for unknown reason.Mostly do go back to sleep but the nights do feel very long when you are waking up every hr.
I have recently dropped my pressures on the higher & lower sides.
Have tried EPR of 3 on 2 different. first night was fine but the 2nd night it felt like the mask was sticking onto the face while exhaling (It was a weird feeling so, I change the EPR back to 2).

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2014, 09:55 PM)Realtor 1 Wrote: Have tried EPR of 3 on 2 different. first night was fine but the 2nd night it felt like the mask was sticking onto the face while exhaling (It was a weird feeling so, I change the EPR back to 2).
I know the feeling, I turn it off and never looked back but for some people, its the best thing since sliced bread, everyone is different
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.