Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows?
RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows?
Hi Paula,
You might want to try the F&P Pilairo if you have gone through P10 and Nuance. I've been using all three and the Pilairo seems to be the best for leaks and fit.

It's a one size fits all, it comes with either the Pro or regular headgear. The pro headgear is very similar to the P10 and I found it works well unless I tilt my head up whilst sleeping, which causes a leak, and by simply tilting me head down it goes away.

Using the regular headgear which is similar to the nuance prevents that problem.

The Pilairo looks more invasive than the other two masks, but for me it really works, and I don't like stuff on my face when sleeping.

Hope this suggestion helps.
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, I love the Nuance. They fixed that back strap. And right now I am actually trying out some full face masks as I cannot get the lip leaks under control.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula I am still loving the Nuance, it just seems so easy.
Sadly still having mouth leaks like your good self.
If you find a nice satisfying full face mask I will be interested to hear about it.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do that! I need to update that thread anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I find with he PR products, the headgear / straps seems to be the weakest link. The headgear that came with my Fitlife was great...to start. But after a little time, I'll be laying there and the velcro lets fly. I've actually swapped my headgear for the one from a Hans Rudolph ffm and found the HR headgear to be superior.

I may mix things up again the next time I'm due for a mask...I'm one of the lucky SOB's who can use pretty much anything...maybe I'll try a Nuance and see if it stays put better than the Swift FX.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,776 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Keep getting air bolus in mouth w nasal pillows Palmtrees 7 681 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.