Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Viewer 2.1.3 vrs. Sleepyhead
Question 
Encore Viewer 2.1.3 vrs. Sleepyhead
Have RP S1 auto bipap machines 560 & 760 with humidifiers. Bought the 2nd for a backup if needed. As Respironics is stingy with information (even with their new Dreammapper), ordered the Encore Viewer 2.1.3 for better support software. Since it has yet to be delivered, I downloaded the Sleepyhead (Many thanks to all of YOU!!) Is there any advantage in keeping the Encore? What information and data does it give? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Viewer 2.1.3 vrs. Sleepyhead
(12-06-2015, 09:05 AM)SCnoel Wrote: Have RP S1 auto bipap machines 560 & 760 with humidifiers. Bought the 2nd for a backup if needed. As Respironics is stingy with information (even with their new Dreammapper), ordered the Encore Viewer 2.1.3 for better support software. Since it has yet to be delivered, I downloaded the Sleepyhead (Many thanks to all of YOU!!) Is there any advantage in keeping the Encore? What information and data does it give? Thank you.

Don't know anything about encore viewer, but you could get encore basic here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EncoreViewer give very basic information. I purchased it in 2008 when I started using this, and back then, it gave basic compliance, general AHI and leak information. Back then, it was necessary to get EncorePro through some forum channels to get useful data.

Sleepyhead will give you detailed therapy information and waveforms showing breath by breath the entire night with flags for obstructive, clear apenas, hypopneas, and RERA (respiratory event related arousals), as well as snores, flow limitations, tidal volume data and probably a dozen things you don't need to worry about. It does this in an easy to use and understand interface.

Return the EncoreViewer unopened for refund if you can. It offers far less, and nothing in addition to Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably know the PRS1 560 is an auto CPAP, while the 760 is an auto BiPAP. They are two different machines. I also have both of them, but use the 760 exclusively as it offers both exhale (EPAP) and inhale (IPAP) pressures and a range of pressure support. Very comfortable and effective if you learn how to use it. You can order manuals for both through the CPAP Manuals link at the top of the page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 09:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You probably know the PRS1 560 is an auto CPAP, while the 760 is an auto BiPAP. They are two different machines. I also have both of them, but use the 760 exclusively as it offers both exhale (EPAP) and inhale (IPAP) pressures and a range of pressure support. Very comfortable and effective if you learn how to use it. You can order manuals for both through the CPAP Manuals link at the top of the page.

SOOO Sorry I meant PR S1 750 & 760! The 2nd gives 1 day, 7 days & 30 days and has the dreammapper for some added software support. However I had THAT one less than 2 months and had to send it in for repairs!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 10:27 AM)SCnoel Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 09:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You probably know the PRS1 560 is an auto CPAP, while the 760 is an auto BiPAP. They are two different machines. I also have both of them, but use the 760 exclusively as it offers both exhale (EPAP) and inhale (IPAP) pressures and a range of pressure support. Very comfortable and effective if you learn how to use it. You can order manuals for both through the CPAP Manuals link at the top of the page.

SOOO Sorry I meant PR S1 750 & 760! The 2nd gives 1 day, 7 days & 30 days and has the dreammapper for some added software support. However I had THAT one less than 2 months and had to send it in for repairs!!

Both the 750 and 760 will work with the Sleepyhead software if you want to see more detail. As you know the major difference between them is the option for a heated hose on the 760. What kind of repair did you need?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 09:05 AM)SCnoel Wrote: Is there any advantage in keeping the Encore?

Yes. Let's say you see something in your data you want to share with your doctor. Encore will allow you to print summaries that you can take to your doctor. The advantage they have over summaries you print with SleepyHead is that they are created with official software and your doctor is much more likely to recognize them and perhaps attach meaning to them.

Another advantage is SH is beta software and has bugs. There are more bugs the higher the PRS1 model number. For example, a BiPAP versus a straight CPAP. In your case this is especially relevant.

It's hard to keep up with the various versions of Encore. EncoreBasic is better because it's lighter and has all the features for a single user. If you were keeping track of several users you might prefer EncorePro.

Please let us know how EncoreViewer works for you.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster, I would still recommend returning EncoreViewer which the O.P. had to pay for, and using EncoreBasic (available free on the forum). EncoreBasic actually gives better and more complete data and reports.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 11:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 10:27 AM)SCnoel Wrote:

Both the 750 and 760 will work with the Sleepyhead software if you want to see more detail. As you know the major difference between them is the option for a heated hose on the 760. What kind of repair did you need?

After using the 760 for 2 nights (same settings as the 750) started having dramatic increases in AHI & CA (50% - 300% increase) also noticed an intermittent clicking noise (click - inspiration - clack, click - inspiration - clack). Called the e-vender. As I understand cannot give names although it is on your list. They claimed it was moisture or poor mask fit despite my assurance the machine registered 100% mask fit and there was no moisture with the heated tubing etc. They suggested contacting the Respironics who said it needed to be sent in for repair but must be sent from the e-vendor. The vendor still didn't want to send it in or accept the ref. # from Respiraronics AND charged me for shipping and insurance BOTH WAYS. Headache!! Only hope it will not prove to be a "lemon". None of this is covered by insurance since the apnea without the machine's support causes recurrent atrial fib. & heart failure so a sleep study would be an increased risk.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 01:08 PM)SCnoel Wrote: As I understand cannot give names although it is on your list.

Just tell us the Supplier Number, for example Supplier #1. That way you don't have to post the name, which happens to be a commercial website link. It's the links you can't post.

Quote:The vendor still didn't want to send it in or accept the ref. # from Respiraronics AND charged me for shipping and insurance BOTH WAYS.

Can you refuse payment? Simply tell them that you don't want the item because it's defective. Let them hassle with the repairs. It's not your problem.

Check, though, to make sure that clicking noise is not coming from your mask.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 810 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,359 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,088 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,869 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Encore software and OSCAR blackshark3 3 978 11-10-2021, 12:34 AM
Last Post: blackshark3
  Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card? VOIDED 3 756 02-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Export data from Encore to Oscar fullerms 5 1,109 12-22-2020, 01:59 AM
Last Post: fullerms

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.