Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic
EncoreBasic
I am new to the forum. I have been using the Bipap Sytem One for about a month. I just downloaded Encore Basic and need your help. After I click Download, it reads "Media read successfully- The care is not valid and was not saved. Contact product support.

Near the bottom, it read that "The media does not belong to an Encore Basic patient.

I took the card to my doctor and found the card to be good.

Please advise
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncoreBasic
Hi SnoreEnough! Welcome to the forum! I just downloaded the new version myself as the old version I had did not work with my machine or Windows 7 or something, I can't remember now! Anyway, I've never seen that message, but did you open Encore and create a new patient? If you don't have a patient entered (yourself) there will be no-one for the program to match the data to so it may very well say that. Just a guess on my part!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 03:04 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Hi SnoreEnough! Welcome to the forum! I just downloaded the new version myself as the old version I had did not work with my machine or Windows 7 or something, I can't remember now! Anyway, I've never seen that message, but did you open Encore and create a new patient? If you don't have a patient entered (yourself) there will be no-one for the program to match the data to so it may very well say that. Just a guess on my part!
Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I did create myself as a new patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 03:21 PM)SnoreEnough Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 03:04 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Hi SnoreEnough! Welcome to the forum! I just downloaded the new version myself as the old version I had did not work with my machine or Windows 7 or something, I can't remember now! Anyway, I've never seen that message, but did you open Encore and create a new patient? If you don't have a patient entered (yourself) there will be no-one for the program to match the data to so it may very well say that. Just a guess on my part!
Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I did create myself as a new patient.

Do you have to initialize???? I did not do this because i thought it would erase earlier days of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SnoreEnough,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SnoreEnough, I think I might have found your problem!

Assign Card
The Assign card function is not available from the Utilities menu. It can only be accessed starting from the Patient List.

To assign a data card to a patient:

Insert a data card into the card reader/writer and insert the reader/writer into the computer.

Select a patient from the Patient List.

Click the Download from Device button.

The Data Card Utilities window opens.

Select the Assign card tab.

Click the Assign button to assign the card.

A confirmation message is displayed.

Click the Exit button to close the window.

I clicked the HELP section in the upper right corner, clicked on search and searched for media. This seemed to be a possible fit!

Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 06:53 PM)mjbearit Wrote: SnoreEnough, I think I might have found your problem!

Assign Card
The Assign card function is not available from the Utilities menu. It can only be accessed starting from the Patient List.

To assign a data card to a patient:

Insert a data card into the card reader/writer and insert the reader/writer into the computer.

Select a patient from the Patient List.

Click the Download from Device button.

The Data Card Utilities window opens.

Select the Assign card tab.

Click the Assign button to assign the card.

A confirmation message is displayed.

Click the Exit button to close the window.

I clicked the HELP section in the upper right corner, clicked on search and searched for media. This seemed to be a possible fit!

Mike

Mike,
Close but no cigar. The confirmation message is displayed. I exit. Then I followed the instructions to view the data (HISTORY). I can view only my input data on mask, humidifier that I put in the program a few days ago. I can not view last night results since they are not there. I viewed last nights results on SLEEPMAPPER so I know they are on the card. Please help (nothing is ever easy) Sad
Steve
PS. To prevent any conflict problems, I deleted SLEEPMAPPER before I started BASIC ENCORE.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I can say is use that HELP thing and try to track down the error messages.
Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 07:58 PM)SnoreEnough Wrote: Close but no cigar.

Do you have the newer 60 Series machine? Let us know the model number so we can tell.

Other things you can try are Encore Pro or SleepyHead.

Some of the higher end Series 60 machines may not play well with EncoreBasic.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 09:23 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 07:58 PM)SnoreEnough Wrote: Close but no cigar.

Do you have the newer 60 Series machine? Let us know the model number so we can tell.

Other things you can try are Encore Pro or SleepyHead.

Some of the higher end Series 60 machines may not play well with EncoreBasic.

I looked at the bottom of my unit and it reads "960P" and "BiPapauto SVAdvSystemOne 60 SRS Dom

I tried Sleepyhead on my old (month ago) RESMED and it worked fine but I can not make it work with Respionics . I tried V9.3 and 9.4 - no good. Is there a cost for Encore Pro?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Encorebasic HowieS 1 1,642 08-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Cool SleepyHead and EncoreBasic graeme 3 2,069 09-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  [Equipment] EncorePro vs. EncoreBasic vs. Sleepyhead matthewlee 9 5,783 07-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wnorm
  Waveform report - Encorebasic ggarcia 10 4,291 06-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: DeeNJai
  Can't see my data on EncoreBasic tired57 2 1,851 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  EncoreBasic dcgrafix 2 3,618 09-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Last Post: dcgrafix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.