Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread]
RE: EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
(02-12-2015, 08:22 PM)SirWill Wrote: So what is the point of the card? I figured it had the compliance usage hours, that is what I wanted to get out of it.

The REMstar M series machines are pretty old and are probably not supported with the newer versions of EncoreBasic. They are definitely not supported by the SleepyHead software.

No machines of the older M series types are currently being handed out by Durable Medical Equipment suppliers (DMEs) -- at least not those who deal with insurance companies or Medicare. The reason the newer EncoreBasic software can't read the card is that the purpose of the card no longer exists - it was originally designed to be read by the DME's older smartcard reading software in order to produce a compliance report so they could get paid for the dispersement of the CPAP machine. Respironics has no reason to make the new EncoreBasic software backwards-compatible with older, non-data-capable CPAP machines, because insurance compliance data is no longer needed for a 5 year old machine.

Truly data-capable machines provide compliance data as well, plus offer all the added data that Sleeprider spoke about in his post.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
I have a few questions about the Encore Basic software.

I am using Sleep Master to wirelessly read the Toshiba card in my PRS 1 device. It saves the card contents in a folder on my PC. Sleepyhead reads the data from the folder and does its thing. I am happy with this situation and won't risk screwing it up.
I looked at the user guide for Encore Basic which seems clearly for an RT and it begins discussing "initializing the card". That stopped me.
My question is can the Encore Basic program be "pointed" to a folder on the computer rather than to a smart card in a card reader?
Are there any tricks required?
(02-12-2015, 10:48 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 08:22 PM)SirWill Wrote: So what is the point of the card? I figured it had the compliance usage hours, that is what I wanted to get out of it.

The REMstar M series machines are pretty old and are probably not supported with the newer versions of EncoreBasic. They are definitely not supported by the SleepyHead software.

No machines of the older M series types are currently being handed out by Durable Medical Equipment suppliers (DMEs) -- at least not those who deal with insurance companies or Medicare. The reason the newer EncoreBasic software can't read the card is that the purpose of the card no longer exists - it was originally designed to be read by the DME's older smartcard reading software in order to produce a compliance report so they could get paid for the dispersement of the CPAP machine. Respironics has no reason to make the new EncoreBasic software backwards-compatible with older, non-data-capable CPAP machines, because insurance compliance data is no longer needed for a 5 year old machine.

Truly data-capable machines provide compliance data as well, plus offer all the added data that Sleeprider spoke about in his post.

The Remstar M-Series Auto is compatible with the current EncoreBasic and will display summary hours of use, pressure trends, daily compliance, as well as long term trend and daily detailed data for: pressure, AHI, non-responsive apnea OA, H, FL, VS, Leak. It's a pretty good report, but no wave form data, CA or RERA. You must have an Infineer DT3500 card reader that is not available anymore. I have one, and it works on M-series smartcards with the current EncoreBasic.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(02-13-2015, 11:51 AM)on the virge Wrote: I have a few questions about the Encore Basic software.

I am using Sleep Master to wirelessly read the Toshiba card in my PRS 1 device. It saves the card contents in a folder on my PC. Sleepyhead reads the data from the folder and does its thing. I am happy with this situation and won't risk screwing it up.
I looked at the user guide for Encore Basic which seems clearly for an RT and it begins discussing "initializing the card". That stopped me.
My question is can the Encore Basic program be "pointed" to a folder on the computer rather than to a smart card in a card reader?
Are there any tricks required?

I don't recommend the use of EncoreBasic if you have a current machine. But if you must read a smartcard, it's all we have. It will work with newer SD media as well. EncoreBasic is intended for clinician use. Initializing a card will basically format it. You can always exit from the download menus without formatting or changing the user. A wrong click however will erase the card. Download, wait for confirmation, and exit.

By default Encorebasic stores data at C:\Users\Current_User\AppData\Local\Respironics\Data where Current_User is your user account. I have not found a way to change the default, however like Sleepyhead, the folder can be copied and used on other computers by placing it where EncoreBasic is looking. Data import functions can be changed in the data download dialog, and Export functions from the data sets stored on teh computer are easy. View, Save and Print reports results in multi-page PDF reports, and you can designate any location for saving.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

(02-13-2015, 12:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Remstar M-Series Auto is compatible with the current EncoreBasic and will display summary hours of use, pressure trends, daily compliance, as well as long term trend and daily detailed data for: pressure, AHI, non-responsive apnea OA, H, FL, VS, Leak. It's a pretty good report, but no wave form data, CA or RERA.

Thanks, that's good to know for those with REMstar M-series Autos. Coffee

TO: SirWill-- just to avoid any confusion, your machine is not an REMstar M-Series Auto (like the one Sleeprider is describing above)... rather it's a REMstar Plus M-series, so unfortunately your machine only reports compliance. We 'lovingly' call these types of non-data-capable machines "bricks" since they offer no useful data to help you or your doctor judge the effectiveness of your treatment.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How'd I miss that. [Image: thdunno-11.gif]

Can we add this smilie ^^ It might come in handy
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

I just downloaded and installed EncoreBasic which seemed to go fine, as did adding me, my CPAP and my humidifier . However, when I click on "Download from Device" after inserting the write protected SD card from my PR DS560TS, it displays an error message: "A Phillips Respironics data card was not found". My Windows XP PC is in a Parallels virtual machine partition (VM) on an iMac. I have been running Windows this way for over 5 years and everything else in windows runs the same as on an actual PC. However, EncoreBasic is the first application I have used that reads from an SD card so perhaps the SD needs a different driver or ???

I would greatly appreciate some help with reading the card. I can see the contents of the SD card in Windows Explorer so if there is a way to read the data from a folder on the hard drive that would help.

Thank you.
Steve
The patient name on the SD card must match the patient name in EncoreBasic. I have gotten the same warning, clicked on preview card, and the green banner with data downloaded shows up. But when I go back to download data, get the same warning. Exiting from download, I can check the History tab, and the data is there.

I have three machines I download data from, and I have to give each one a different patient name. Encore/Basic downloads properly, and I sometimes get that warning.

I'll be honest with you. Why would you ever use EncoreBasic when you have a machine that will work with Sleepyhead? I occasionally compare Encore data, but I don't use it regularly since it just isn't as useful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Thank you Sleeprider! The SD card shows up with a name of "NO NAME". If I changed my name to "NO NAME", might that help?
That's interesting. Might as well try it. I think if you assign the card it may delete data. I would suggest backing everything up then you can do anything you want.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 7 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 812 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,206 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,107 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.