Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread]
Arrow 
EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread]
Quote:Admin Note:
This thread is now archived and closed to new replies. If you have a question regarding EncoreBasic, please start a new thread here in the Software Support Forum.

The new version of EncoreBasic is 2.4.8.0 Details below...

[for Philips-Respironics Machines only]

The EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 software is now available via a free download solution. EncoreBasic is CPAP reporting software that includes charts to help you monitor your therapy. Like other CPAP reporting software, you will need a standard SD card reader (either attached to or included with your personal computer). EncoreBasic is designed to work with modern Philips-Respironics machines, including the newer PR System One 60 series CPAPs, BiPAPs and ASV units.

Some patients may be happier using the SleepyHead Software, as it may offer an easier-to-use user interface.

EncoreBasic is being provided to give options to members here who cannot use SleepyHead, or to print out reports that a health care provider will accept using a genuine Respironics software package. [Some will not accept reports printed with the non-proprietary SleepyHead software.]

If you'd like to obtain a copy of EncoreBasic, go to this thread in the Private Files & Links area:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

[you'll need to be logged into your Apnea Board account to access the above thread - click here if you need to register for a free forum account]

Smile

For screen-shots and Help Documents to help you get started using the EncoreBasic software, please refer to our EncoreBasic Instructions Wiki (CLICK HERE).
RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
Let me add that the .exe installation file is 279.3 MB in size. After you download it, before attempting to install, make sure you right click on the installation file, select Properties and check the file size. If it's not 279.3 MB (roughly), it might have been corrupted during the download.

It's always best to download large files like this very early in the morning or late at night in order to avoid any congestion on your local Internet Service Provider's system (which could cause file corruption).

If anyone has any problems, issues or questions, please post here and hopefully one of our EncoreBasic users can help out.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
Also of interest is our Wiki Page for EncoreBasic instructions (which includes screen-shots of the program), found here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...structions

In addition, if you'd like the Help Files in PDF form (without the screen-shots), you can download that file here:

http://www.ApneaBoard.com/EncoreBasic-Help-menu.pdf

Many thanks to Apnea Board member dcgrafix for his work on this information.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I have been using encore basic 2.1. I see the version now available is 2.2.2 which I have downloaded and saved, and not installed. My question is, are there any differences in the versions that would be helpful. Additionally, can I install both versions. I am using a respironics pro m with smart card and win 7x64
Thank's a lot... But Windows 8.1 do not want to install Sad

Maybe one day.

Thank's again. Wink
(02-03-2014, 05:18 PM)gulfjack Wrote: I have been using encore basic 2.1. I see the version now available is 2.2.2 which I have downloaded and saved, and not installed. My question is, are there any differences in the versions that would be helpful. Additionally, can I install both versions. I am using a respironics pro m with smart card and win 7x64

I believe the newer version has a few bug fixes and has been updated to work with the newer Series 60 machines. I don't think that you can install both on the same system. Perhaps it's possible if you change the installation directory for the newer version, but I'm not certain of that, as it might overwrite other files outside of that installation directory.

If you're happy with the old version, it still works for you, and you have had no bug issues, you probably don't need to upgrade to the new 2.2.2.0 version.

(02-05-2014, 11:33 PM)Papou Wrote: Thank's a lot... But Windows 8.1 do not want to install Sad

Yep, as noted in the thread in the Private Files & Links forum, many users have reported that it won't work on Windows 8 at all. Sad but true. Sad

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Encore Basic 2.1.2.0 works fine with my Win 8 - 64 bit system.
Don't know about Win 8.1.
(02-06-2014, 02:26 PM)Clay L Wrote: Encore Basic 2.1.2.0 works fine with my Win 8 - 64 bit system.
Don't know about Win 8.1.

Thanks for the report Clay-- did you try EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 to see if it will work with your Win8 64-bit system?

Inquiring minds want to know... Smile

If 2.2.2.0 won't work with Win8, perhaps 2.1.2.0 should be distributed also for those folks with Win8 systems... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

------------> Again, sorry for my English (my native language is the French) <-----------

Update for Windows 8 / 8.1

We still can not install the software directly (version 2.2.2.0)... But...

1- If you can install it on previous version of Windows (7, Vista or XP)

2- Get the complete "Respironics" folder ... where you install ... normally ---> C> Programs Files (x86)> Respironics

3- Copy on a USB stick

4- Then transfer it to your Windows 8 / 8.1 PC to the folder you want.

5- In that folder, find the application EncoreBasic.exe, and right click it. Click "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Check in "Compatibility Mode" ---> Run this program in compatibility mode for:

6- From the dropdown menu, choose Windows 7, Vista or XP. (personally, I took Windows XP Service Pack 3).

7- Click on "Approve".

(once done, right click on the EncoreBasic.exe application, and send a shortcut to the desktop).

It's done! Remains to run the software via the shortcut, and "magic" ... Now you can download your data in the software. And it works wonderfully.

Note : For those who can not installed the software on another PC with Windows 7, Vista or XP ... Maybe the site admin could provided for download, the "Respironics" file format. Zip ... you would only have to unzip the folder where you want, and follow steps 4-7.
Just copied from one network computer to another so I didn't have to move it on a usb stick, etc..

Worked perfectly. Even pinned it to the Start page.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,189 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.