Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread]
RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
the smart card used by the respironics will *not * work with your average ordinary smart card reader, I tried when I had one. you need the one zonk posted.
RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
I can definitely say that a "SIIG USB 2.0 Smart Card Reader" will not work it was only 21.$ at frys so i will return it and go from there
Thank you
Zonk and Sleepster for the input
Does anyone know the difference in encore pro and encore basic. In the setup for basic I see no place for settings to tell the software where to find the reader.
when reading about the encore Pro softeware it states

Customizing Encore Pro
There is very little customization available for an individual user. There is a Preferences menu that allows you to change the computer port to be used for downloading, the units of length (in. or cm.) and weight (lb, or kg.) used, and the criterion used to define adequate compliance (hrs/night) (the default value is 4 hrs/night).

As that makes me wonder if there might be a version of encore Pro available here
Thanks Yankey55
(07-08-2014, 09:46 PM)yankey55 Wrote: As that makes me wonder if there might be a version of encore Pro available here

Check your PM box.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thank for the input from everyone.
I ordered a Encore SmartCard Reader for REMstar CPAP & BiPAP Machines (USB) Today. and will post in a few days about my experience with it
Yankey55
I'm new to apneaboard and Respironics. I have used a Resmed s9 for years and in the last couple of months I have got many many Central Apneas. My Sleep Doc has put me on the System One AVS (960P) and I dowloaded EncoreBasic to get a better idea of my data. Unfortunately Encore will not accept my Data Card. It says it can read the card but the data isn't valid.

Any ideas?
(07-09-2014, 09:02 PM)GilViking Wrote: My Sleep Doc has put me on the System One AVS (960P) and I dowloaded EncoreBasic to get a better idea of my data. Unfortunately Encore will not accept my Data Card. It says it can read the card but the data isn't valid.

Hi Gil. Welcome to Apnea Board. Check your private messages, I just sent you one with a solution.

Another solution might be SleepyHead.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=98#pid98
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-08-2014, 09:46 PM)yankey55 Wrote: Does anyone know the difference in encore pro and encore basic.
Encore Pro is distributed to DMEs who sell PR equipment and docs who prescribe PR machines. It is primarily aimed at the DME's need verify compliance and (occasionally) print full reports to send to docs who have requested them. It's a memory hog that runs pretty slowly. And it has a password that ages out every 30-90 days. And if you type the user name and/or password wrong three times in a row, you're locked entirely out of the system. And in that case you are supposed to call PR for support, but of course if you're a mere patient you're not going to get any. So you have to reload the whole dang program and then reload the data into EncorePro.

Encore Basic is a lighter weight version of Encore Pro that PR started "making available" when it was clear that the most recent version of the EncoreViewer would not work with the System 60 machines when they came out. (EncoreViewer was software that was sold to patients if they wanted to monitor their therapy.) By "making available" I mean this: There was (and is) a link to the EncoreBasic software on the official PR computers, but the existence of this link is not publicized and googling Encore Basic (or EncoreBasic) is not going to lead you to it.

EncoreBasic's biggest advantage over EncorePro is that there's no username/password combo that's required to get into the program. So you can't accidentally lock yourself out by mistyping the password three times in a row. And it's not quite as fat of a memory hog as Pro, so it typically runs a bit faster. The main disadvantage to Basic relative to Pro? Well Pro will download and save the wave flow from the last night's data on the SD card. Basic will download the wave flow the the last night's data, but it will then toss out any previously saved wave flow data from the previous download.

It makes no sense: The System One does NOT overwrite the wave flow data (for a year at least), but EncorePro and EncoreBasic will download only the last night's wave flow. Or randomly Pro will decide to download the last two nights of wave flow data.

Quote:In the setup for basic I see no place for settings to tell the software where to find the reader.
Encore basic will only load the data off a "card". For PR S1 users, that means an SD card that's been mounted to the computer's operating system. It doesn't much matter if the card is in a built-in card reader or a card reader plugged into a USB port. For older Resprionics machines, like the M-Series, that means the appropriate Respironics smart card reader plugged into a USB port.

Quote:when reading about the encore Pro softeware it states

Customizing Encore Pro
There is very little customization available for an individual user. There is a Preferences menu that allows you to change the computer port to be used for downloading, the units of length (in. or cm.) and weight (lb, or kg.) used, and the criterion used to define adequate compliance (hrs/night) (the default value is 4 hrs/night).
That's because this software is aimed at DMEs for tracking lots of patients' usage for insurance purposes.

The units settings are to allow the same program to be used be used here in the US (with our archaic inches and pounds) and the rest of the civilized world (with cm and kg).

The port option is to simplify loading of data, particularly if your computer system is not quite standard or if you've got a lot of patients who are still using M-series machines.

The usage setting allows for you to tailor things to reflect what is required by your particular country's set up for paying for PAP machines. Here in the US, insurance companies, Medicare, and Medicaid will only pay for a machine if it's used at least 4 hours per night for 70% of the nights in a 30 or 60 day period. That option lets a DME identify which patients are in trouble of not having the machine paid for by their insurance.

And I think that EncorePro will also allow you to choose between reporting Total Leak and Leak for the leak data.

Encore Basic is not really any more configurable. It allows you to chose the units and the definition for compliance, and it lets you choose between reporting Total Leak and Leak for the leak data, but not much else.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
For anyone running Encore Pro, if you go in and set the password timeout to zero it will never time out. Also, if you password expire time to zero it will never expire.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 623 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,195 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,104 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.