Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread]
RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
Hey there,

Is it normal that i can just see the waveforms for the last 2 days?

Also i was wondering what is pressure pulse? I,m on fixed pressure but sometimes when my flow is decreasing i see this. And the flow seems to increase back afterward. Like if it was restarting my breath.

Thank you,

Ghandi
RE: EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
I get the impression that Encore Basic doesn't support the latest machines and that Encore Pro does. Is that right?

I wonder if Philips Respironics is going to let Encore Basic die?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Maybe i dont have full suport for my RemStar Pro with C-Flex+. that would explain why i get only one day at the time. Any ways of getting encore pro here?
(07-22-2014, 08:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 06:03 PM)yankey55 Wrote: I was finally able to get the card read! I ended up using an older computer with 32 bit XP and then basic works fine appears my AHI runs between 17 and 23 so now my mission is reopening my work comp claim and getting a new sleep study done
Thanks all for the help

A couple things, Yank. First of all, I'd like to document this fix so others can use it. What is the model number on your CPAP machine?

Bipap autosv advanced w/smartcard
Model no 1042907

Here's how you find it, scroll down past ResMed to Respironics:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid75378

Now, what's up with your AHI? Is it mostly clear airway apneas, obstructive apneas, or hypopneas?

when I first had a polysomnogram
the patient had a total 3 obstructive apneas, 306 central apneas, 1 mixed apnea and 10 hypoapneas with an ahi of 63.7 events per hour of sleep

1 of the latest downloads came up with
CA 8.0
0A 6.0
H 16
FL 0
VS 3
AHI 30

I have no idea what the separate things mean except that AHI should be less than 5
I plan on learning as I go when the hours are available
Thank you for the forum so that I can learn
Yankey55

RE: EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
There is a newer version of EncoreBasic (version 2.4.8.0) which is the one being distributed, which supposedly supports the newer machines.

Please see this post for download info (login required):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

It's a large zipped file that also includes the required dotnetfx35.exe install file which is required for this version of EncoreBasic. No need to click on the dotnetfx35.exe file... rather, simply double-click on the EBSetup.exe setup file and it should auto-install the required stuff.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [for Philips-Respironics Machines]
Do you need to uninstall earlier versions first?
Mike
(09-15-2014, 01:13 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: There is a newer version of EncoreBasic (version 2.4.8.0) which is the one being distributed, which supposedly supports the newer machines.

Can anyone report how well it plays with Windows 8? That was also an issue with older versions.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
2.4.8.0 appears to have the same issues as 2.2 with regards to Windows 8. However, if you extract the MSI from the InstallShield installer, then run an administrative network installation with the MSI, you can drop the Respironics folder directly into Program Files just like with 2.2 and it will work just fine with Windows 8/8.1

I'm not really seeing any differences between 2.2 and 2.4.8.0 so far, but there are no ReadMe or version change files that detail the differences, so it could well be all under the hood stuff that isn't apparent to the end user.
(09-19-2014, 11:54 AM)Paralel Wrote: 2.4.8.0 appears to have the same issues as 2.2 with regards to Windows 8.

Huh... I was told by two people that this new version installs and runs fine on Win 8.1

I don't have Win8 of any flavor handy, so I have no way to check right now.

Anyone else have insight on this? Do I need to install it on my Windows partition and zip it up so Win8 users can utilize the new version, or is the new install file good-to-go as-is for Win8.x ?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

At least with my Win 8.1 machine, it was a no go, the installer failed no matter what I did. However, YMMV

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 620 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.