Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic and the DreamStation
EncoreBasic and the DreamStation
Hi folks....

I am running EncoreBasic version 2.4.8.0 and it is from 2017. I believe it can see the SD card from my new Dreamstation (Auto BiPAP DSX700T11).  When I arrive at the main screen for EncoreBasic, I click on "AddNew" to add a new prescription.  The next screen asks me to select a "Mode".  I select "AutoBiLevel".  The next screen asks me to select a device.  I have no selection for a Dreamstation.  My choices are:

BiPAP Auto (Legacy)
BiPAP Auto (System One Series six)
BiPAP Auto (M Series)
BiPAP Auto (Philips Respironics)
Generic Auto Bi-Level

So my question is this....  Is a newer version for EncoreBasic available, or should I choose one of the above listings? 

thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncoreBasic and the DreamStation
I don't think Encore Basic works with the DreamStation.  You would have to use Encore Pro.
Why not just use #Sleepyhead with the DreamStation?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my System One AUTO 750, I became very comfortable programing and looking at my prescription with EncoreBasic.  I like the way the data is displayed.  I can see almost all of it on one screen.  It is easy for me to make tweaks to my prescription with EncoreBasic.  So I thought I would do the same with the Dreamstation.
I can't change my prescription with Sleep Head (at least I don't think so).  But I still use Sleepy Head to gather my data and look at it. 
The menu on the Dreamstation is much easier then the abbreviated one in my 'ol 750.  I think I just got so use to seeing all my data displayed at once in EncoreBasic.  I like it. It is easier for me to work with it.
I will try Encore Pro.
Thanks again for the help!
mroarid
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using #SleepyHead, just pop in your new SD card from the DreamStation into your computer, and SH will recognize the new CPAP, and will list your data seamlessly.
Your old data from the PR 750 will still be there.

I use SH and Encore Basic, more for a comparison, but prefer SH best.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 03:59 PM)OpalRose Wrote: If you are using [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url], just pop in your new SD card from the DreamStation into your computer, and SH will recognize the new CPAP, and will list your data seamlessly.
Your old data from the PR 750 will still be there.

I use SH and Encore Basic, more for a comparison, but prefer SH best.

Can I change the settings in my SD card with Sleepy Head? I used EncoreBasic to write changes to my prescription on the SD card, then put the SD card in my 750, and the SD card would write the changes to my machine. This is what I am trying to do with my DreamStation.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
The displays on Encore Pro are nearly the same as EncoreBasic, but you have a lot more overhead in the database size on your computer. I honestly don't understand your affinity with the Encore prescription function. I turned you on to it, and figured it was a decent stop-gap measure when your control knob on the old machine no longer worked There is no advantage I'm aware of using the Encore prescription function rather than the on-screen provider menus. Bottom line is, if you want to use that function, you will have to install Encore Pro2. Still free on the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 07:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: if you want to use that function, you will have to install Encore Pro2.  Still free on the forum.

Thanks!  I will give it a try.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I am a bit of an outlier here with my affinity for the PR ASVs over the ResMed (I use a ResMed mask so it isn't a us vs. down under thing - lol), but I also like using the Encore Pro software. First reason is that it is what the Doctors and DMEs are used to seeing. Second, it is easy to read fast at a glance (and maybe it is just I that am used to it and getting lazy in my old age). Lastly, just now having received my new DreamStation ASV - Encore Pro is the only thing that will read the SD card from the new ASVs (Sleepyhead doesn't).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Import to OSCAR from EncorePro2 or EncoreBasic or INFINEER smartcard reader. KeepSmiling 3 513 09-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Where is the EncoreBasic datafile kept on Windows 10 and can it be changed salsburyg 6 1,130 07-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  Getting EncoreBasic to work haitham 5 1,486 10-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  encorebasic A.Cabrera 3 1,404 08-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: A.Cabrera
  EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 sanbox 1 1,367 04-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: adrinef
  EncoreBasic 2.1.2.0 -> 2.4.8.0 MacAndPCGuy 1 1,380 10-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,363 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.