Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic download
EncoreBasic download
Encore Basic download file comes in at ~272 MB and when unzipped is ~267 MB. This is short of the file check size in the download email of 279 MB. Any thoughts? Any different results?

Threee tries and exactly the same each time.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncoreBasic download
Every compression program is going to increase the size of something. A compression program, whether it is Zip or 7z or RAR has to create its own internal structure and pack the data into it. If the data is already compressed, such as an installer, you will notice an increase in the file's size due to not being able to further compress the data and the compression program's added dictionary, file-header, etc. On the other hand if you compress something like a text file it will greatly reduce its size but then it still has to add its dictionary, file-headers so on. In the latter case, the final compressed file size should be smaller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_encoding

My guess is at one point their download was 279mb but since being updated or using a different compression algorithm, it has reduced in size slightly. They just left their 279mb size in the boiler-plate email they send.

Bottom line is, does it install correctly?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 198 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 298 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 444 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 809 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Software for Airsense11 download? Gwbrown7 3 1,043 07-31-2023, 01:36 AM
Last Post: FromOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.