Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
RE: SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
I plan to.  I wanted to read and learn.  Make sure I had researched first.  I'll probably submit today or tomorrow.  I'm sort of at a loss now. But you'll need the details and data.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

My “Compatibility tab” does not have the box “Overide high DPI scaling behavior”.

I clicked on “How do I choose compatibility setting manually?” and followed links to a discussion about “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”, but again, the Compatibility tab does not have such a choice.

I also tried the Compatibility tab option for “Run compatibility troubleshooter” but the troubleshooter found no problems and asked me a few irrelevant questions.

I’m not highly motivated to continue working on this, because although the font is poor, I can always use my wife’s inexpensive new Windows 10, where the font is fine.  Again, I’m still using Windows 8 for most of my work, which is an indication of how I hate to do any upgrades, which almost always lead to more trouble than I anticipated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

When I download 1.1.0, I only download the one file "SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-win64".  Should I also be downloading "opening132sw.dll", which is a larger file??  Also, a day or more after downloading, a 3 GB "Update" file appears in my Download folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should not have to download the DLL files. I don't know what the Update file is for. Sleepyhead installers are more like 10k-25k KB.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2019, 11:56 AM)Pete2g2 Wrote: Sleeprider:

When I download 1.1.0, I only download the one file "SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-win64".  Should I also be downloading "opening132sw.dll", which is a larger file??  Also, a day or more after downloading, a 3 GB "Update" file appears in my Download folder.

Download and include that DLL in the same location as the SleepyHead exe it was missed from the package it helps the graphics display on some machines. No idea what the Update file is ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It made no obvious difference to the poor font quality:

First, I downloaded "opening 132sw.dll" to the Download folder, same location as the two downloaded files of SleepyHead, including the exe file for 1.1.0.  I restarted SleepyHead and observed the same poor font quality.

Second, I tried to move that dll to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead, which is the location of 1.0.0 (both exe, including the BrokenGL.  I got a pop up saying the file is already there.  I observed that the existing dll by that name is smaller (15 MB vs the new 20 MB);  I renamed that old one by adding "hide this one" to the front of the name;  then I moved the new one into this SleepyHead folder.  Again, I restarted SleepyHead and observed the same poor font quality.  I left that dll there, along with the hidden one.

That Updates.xml:  I made a silly mistype (3 GB) in my previous posting;  it's only 3 KB.  I can open and read the code;  2 lines are:
       <Version>1.0.0-2</Version>
       <ReleaseDate>2016-04-22</ReleaseDate>

Other lines include <Package Update> and  <SSL Libraries>.  Two screens of code total.
I moved this Updates.xml to the SleepyHead folder.  Again, I restarted SleepyHead and observed the same poor font quality.

One more test:  I created a new Profile, using one of my back up RedMed data.  Again, I observed the same poor font quality.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 158 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,547 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 354 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 779 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,673 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 806 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 902 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.