Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncorePro 2 - How to set Region or Country?
Question 
EncorePro 2 - How to set Region or Country?
Hi All!  Thanks for all the great PAP advice, information and resources over the years!! This is my first post, but i'm a loooooong time, over 20 years, PAP-er   Thanks

So, my question is, how do you set the region or country code in EncorePro 2; such that Encore Pro 2 will display the proper prescription options for my device?   Dont-know

My dilemma is that my GB (Great Britain) version of the Dreamstation AVAPS30 has a feature called Automated Airway Management (AAM), some other countries Dreamstation AVAPS30 do not include this feature, (like the USA)...

When I go into the prescription settings in EncorePro to setup my settings on my SD card, the AAM feature does not show up  Sad

With my old Dreamstation Bipap, I used to change settings through EncorePro so that I would have a record of what settings I changed on what days, so I could more easily track my results based on different settings adjustments that were made...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncorePro 2 - How to set Region or Country?
Hi!   Here is some more information:

I am currently using Encore Pro 2 version 2.21.4.1

I have time zone set to GMT, which is my London time

I set the "country" in the address of the Company and t=the Patient to "United Kingdom"

Under the Patient > Prescription tab my machine shows up as a "Dreanstation BiPAP AVAPS 30" when any of the following therapy modes are selected:  CPAP, PC, S, S/T, T

According to the product literature, my machine is also supposed to support "AVAPS-AE" mode, but my machine does not show up under that Mode in Encore Pro...

My Model is GBX1130H11  (the GB stands for Great Britain)

I believe that "AVAPS-AE" is synonymous with "Automated Airway Management (AAM)"

"Automated Airway Management (AAM)" is only listed as a Dreamstation AVAPS "feature" on certain countries web pages for the DS AVAPS Product...

My DME is no help, they basically gave me the machine and said they had never seen one before, have no experience with AVAPS and so I am am on my own to get is set up!   Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried entering Great Britain in place of United Kingdom to see what happens? May be worth a try since the GB in the model number stands for Great Britain. If that doesn't work you might try using England, as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 06:40 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Have you tried entering Great Britain in place of United Kingdom to see what happens? May be worth a try since the GB in the model number stands for Great Britain. If that doesn't work you might try using England, as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, however, Encore Pro uses a Drop Down List to select "Country" for the Company and the Patient location.  United Kingdom is the only option on the list...

They do not have Great Britain or England as an option.

Respironics seems to lack a consistent Country naming convention for their products  Oh-jeez 

I can't figure out how Encore Pro 2 determines what Country Specific Model you are setting up, there is a Field for Serial Number in the Setup, but not Model Number, but the serial number field has no effect on what setup options appear...

I am doing all of this on the Prescriptions Tab under the Patients Page, is there another location in the Encore Pro Software for configuring a device??  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be using the operating system's idea of where you are - your keyboard layout is a good clue, a lot of times, or how you pick your timezone (by city, sometimes). I would have guessed it used the serial number prefix, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears the time zone settings determines location as well as other office and patient settings. The following explanation is from the Encore Pro 2 version 2.21.4.1 help section:

"Select a time zone from the Time zone drop-down list, and choose Off or On to indicate whether Daylight savings time is observed at this office. Both settings are mandatory. If the time zone is subsequently changed for an existing DME office, the therapy data for all patients associated with that office will be recalculated. Also, if a patient is moved to a new office with a different time zone, the patient's therapy data is recalculated."

Are the options you are interested in available in the clinician's menu?
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,498 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,117 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] KSMike 33 13,787 03-15-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Faruvaa
  EncorePro install on Windows 10 cluainsi 2 1,000 03-09-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  EncorePro 2.4 installation problem fantasychun 7 1,406 02-13-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry problème d’installation de Encorepro 2.24 [Problem installing EncorePro 2.24] tiaibachir 0 744 02-23-2020, 05:34 AM
Last Post: tiaibachir
  EncorePro 2.24 Typical install mayoman14 2 1,203 02-16-2020, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.