Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3]
EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3]
Search results indicate the only way to get around this is to reinstall the software; surely there's a more elegant way to recover or reset a forgotten password?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncorePro 2 password locked
I have a program you can use to reset it. Give me a few minutes and I'll get it for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
My program works with the "Reset Admin Utilities" program that is found in the Start Menu-Respironics-Encore Pro2-Utilities-Reset Admin Account.

Normally you would run the their "Reset Admin Account Utility" and a window with a code would appear, you would provide this code to Respironics and they would give you an unlock code, which then would allow you to reset the password.  As individuals this service is not available to us.

What my program does is, it launches the "Reset Admin Account Utility",  reads the key code, generates the unlock code and clicks the unlock button for you, so all you have to do is enter your new password, confirm it and then press Reset.

My program tries to do this automatically, if it fails, it should give you the option to do it manually.  If you can't get it to work I can post the manual unlocker.

SuperSleeper Wrote:ADMIN NOTE:  For brand new members who can't download zip file attachments, please log into your forum account, then go to this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid229854

I went ahead and put the utility on our SleepFiles.com site and posted instructions pointing to this thread in our Private Files & Links forum.

CLICK HERE if you need to register for a free forum account.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’ll be a couple of hours before I can try this - but thank you!!
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked great once I realized it had to be run as administrator (Win7). I first ran it on my laptop to test it before running it on my wife’s laptop (where the actual problem was). It ran differently on her machine than on mine; on hers I had to copy/paste the key, manually generate the unlock code, paste it back, then proceed with the password change - but it worked and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
The unlocker attempts to load the "Reset Utility", it gives it a few seconds to load and then tries to read the key, if the "Reset Utility" takes a few seconds longer to load then the auto mode will fail and go to manual mode where you have to copy and paste as you mentioned.

I'm so glad it worked for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
adrinef,

Hope this is okay, I went ahead and put your utility on our SleepFiles.com site and also posted instructions pointing to this thread in our Private Files & Links forum, under the EncorePro2 thread, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid229854

Let me know if that's not according to your wishes.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper,

Yes, that is fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 270 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,466 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,456 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 721 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,575 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,445 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 572 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.