Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

End of DST tonight-SleepHead problem?
End of DST tonight-SleepHead problem?
Will SH automatically change to Standard Time or do we have to go into our profile and manually do it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: End of DST tonight-SleepHead problem?
Hi SideSleeper,

Sleepyhead simply reports the time in the data. The time on your PC/Mac clock does not affect the Sleepyhead reports.

All the time stamps in the session data written to the SD card come from the CPAP machines. So it's the CPAP machine clock that determines what time is written in the session data.

I don't know if the machines are smart enough to adjust the clock (I didn't have a CPAP machine in March when DST began this year).

If you do change the clock (clinician's menu) on your CPAP machine, it is probably best to do it in the middle of the day when there is no data being captured (i.e. you aren't using the CPAP machine and haven't been for a few hours).

It won't let you set the time backwards into any hour in which data was already written. I guess that is to prevent people who want a do over from trying to mess with their compliance data.

So after the machine has not been used for let's say two hours (to ensure an entire hour of the day with no data), then you can roll the clock back one hour into an hour of the day where no session data was collected.

I don't know if I'm going to change my CPAP machine clock time, might just leave it alone. It doesn't really matter that much. The duration of session time is more important than the time of day give or take an hour that the machine was used. The one exception would be if your sleep time butts up against noon, because 12 noon is the beginning of a new CPAP day.

Hope that is not too confusing.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
All Resmed machines, that I'm aware of, require the time to be set manually in the CPAP setup menu. P-R machines are set to GMT at the factory and aren't adjustable. Sleepyhead obtains the times from the CPAP. Sleepyhead has a clock/drift function that allows you to correct the reporting times for P-R equipment.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 06:49 PM)sgearhart Wrote: All Resmed machines, that I'm aware of, require the time to be set manually in the CPAP setup menu.
This is one of the good things about ResMed machines
I believe ResMed makes the best user friendly machines, well designed and yet simple to use
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 228 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 93 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 564 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 734 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 721 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 551 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre
  Bmc paplink software link problem Psychotech 8 1,570 06-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.